Legal Dictionary - Law Definitions and Thesaurus
By Farlex, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Legal Dictionary by Farlex gives you free, instant access to more than 58,000 legal terms and over 42,000 audio pronunciations from authoritative sources trusted by attorneys, including West's Encyclopedia of American Law, Burton's Legal Thesaurus, and McGraw-Hill. Plus offline content.
Whether you're an attorney, law student, or looking to better understand complex legal advice, this free legal dictionary app can help you find clear, in-depth definitions of legal terminology right on your iPhone or iPad. Search thousands of definitions, including detailed entries on:
Legal terms and concepts
US law and the Constitution
Important legal cases
Individuals significant to the history of law
+ much more…
* Search 58,000+ legal terms, including extensive info on US law and the Constitution. Plus offline content.
* Save unlimited bookmarks. Perfect for studying for the LSAT.
* Use native voice search to look up a word just by saying it. (With supported devices)
* See search suggestions as you type and always find what you're looking for.
* View your recent searches.
* Perform advanced searches, including "Starts with," "Ends with," "Contains," and "Wildcard."
* Listen to 42,000+ audio pronunciations for both American and British speakers in online mode.
* Share definitions via social networks, email, and text. (With supported devices)
User-friendly, comprehensive, and authoritative: Legal Dictionary by Farlex is the perfect free legal app for lawyers, legal professionals, law school students, and anyone looking to decipher legal jargon and better understand legal advice. This is NOT a preview or a trial version, and there is no "locked" content. Open the app on your iPhone or iPad and immediately access all content — no subscriptions required!
How do we do it?
TheFreeDictionary.com - Farlex apps have been downloaded tens of millions times across multiple platforms, with top ratings after hundreds of thousands of reviews. We work with the best publishers to bring together trusted content in the most comprehensive, authoritative dictionary apps on the market. Our flagship app is The Free Dictionary (TFD), powered by TheFreeDictionary.com. Find our other apps by searching "Dictionary by Farlex" in the App Store.
What's New in Version 1.7
* Fixed bugs, including crash issue when starting without Internet connection.
If you spend a lot of time on twitter following attorneys, reporters, NATSEC experts, intelligence agents and the like, this app is exactly what you need. I'm all for any app that aids in thinking critically during these trying times.
Great mobile app!
Very glad I downloaded this, easy to use and very handy to have.
I don't think it is very helpful in that most of the multiple word entries redirect you to an entry for a single word in the phrase, which is of no help at all. I was really thinking this could be great given the many sayings in the index, but without definitions they are rendered moot
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Nov 18, 2016
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 68.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Farlex, Inc.
- © 2016 Farlex, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad-free upgrade$0.99