LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
By Warner Bros.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Experience the events of Harry Potter's first four years at Hogwarts – LEGO® style! Also check out LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7, available now!
-Top iPhone Game of 2010 (RPG Category) - TouchArcade***
"This is the game to show your doubting friends as I don't believe a game of this depth or breadth presently exists on the App Store, and certainly not one with the care and attention that the Warner Bros. team have expended on it."(TouchArcade.com)
"Okay, so if you're buying only one game this week, which one should it be? No contest: Lego Harry Potter. It's that good, even if you're not a fan of boy wizards or building blocks."(CNET.com)
"...early impressions seem to indicate that this could be one of the best games currently on the platform."(Kotaku.com)
"LEGO Harry Potter looks razor sharp on a Retina display device."(IGN - 8 out of 10)
"...instantly charming and thoroughly impressive."(PocketGamer - 8 out of 10)
Play as Harry, Ron, Hermione and many more as you explore Hogwarts and engage in countless hours of gameplay spread across 40+ levels based on the Harry Potter books and movies. LEGO® Harry Potter™: Years 1-4 brings the world of LEGO® Harry Potter to life on the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, giving gamers the power to play with LEGO characters and models in a brand new way. Based on the first four Harry Potter books and movies, LEGO® Harry Potter: Years 1-4 builds on the foundations of previous LEGO® video games by offering a mix of fun, accessible gameplay and light-hearted humor – appealing to all ages. Players can explore the wizarding world and feel as though they are at Hogwarts.
• The Events of Harry Potter’s First Four Years at Hogwarts – LEGO® style! – including the Triwizard Tournament, the Quidditch World Cup, the Basilisk battle in the Chamber of Secrets, the encounter with Aragog and the face-to-face confrontation with Voldemort himself.
• Stunning Graphics – take advantage of the Retina Display.
• Intuitive Touch-Screen Controls – take complete control over your character to explore, solve puzzles and duel.
• An Authentic Harry Potter Experience:
• Visit Iconic locations – including Diagon Alley, the Forbidden Forest, the village of Hogsmeade and Hogwarts castle – a grand, immersive 3-D environment and the largest, most detailed LEGO® game location ever built.
• Play as over 100 characters – including Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger.
• Attend Hogwarts – cast spells, mix potions, fly on broomsticks and complete hundreds of magical tasks to earn points.
• Character Customization – using hundreds of different LEGO® Harry Potter pieces.
• Classic LEGO® Humor – enjoy the characteristic comedic LEGO® ‘twist’ on events from the fiction.
• Endless Replayability – use ‘Freeplay’ to discover areas of gameplay not accessible in Story Mode.
• Collectables – pick up a huge variety of items throughout the game.
**Check out these other exciting WB apps:
• Scribblenauts Remix
• Tapper World Tour
• Tapper World Tour HD (iPad only)
• Harry Potter: Spells
• LEGO Batman: Gotham City Games
What's New in Version 2.4
Game Center Updates
Worth time and Money
This app is amazing. Definitely worth the money. I purchased it a while back, and just completed the game. I haven't came across glitches or bugs. For those with problems with it or complaining here is why:
You have to spend ten minutes practicing the spell because they are trying to make it like the series. You don't just learn a spell the first time in the books, and they want it to be like the books. The reason the spells are circles and such is because what else are you supposed to do? Those of us of iPods have so little screens we can't hardly do anything big or stuff.
But this app is very similar to the books. Characters and scenes alike. Defiantly worth the $5. Of you have read the series, you will love it even more with this app. If you haven't read the series then after playing this you will want to.
This is amazing. I reccomend it anyone, HP fan or not. Amazing. Buy. It. Now
Unfortunate waste of time and money.
I totally loved this app at first. Now I'm stuck at the boss battle for year two. I do what the game says and nothing happens. I'm supposed to kill a giant snake and the thing isn't dying. It doesn't even have a life bar to indicate if its stuffed any damage or not. I tried everything I could think of.
*****Note the game will not allow you to progress past the last saved point until you complete the game chapter you are in. Meaningful for me that I can't get any further in the game until I kill the stupid giant snake. *****
Of course when my efforts didnt work I came back here to the App Store to contact support. "Error unable to create new ticket." The e-form to contact support won't work for me. I'm already frustrated and now I'm thinking its convient that a paying customer literally can't complain because you can't contact support. I want my $5 back. Oh wait, can't get it because I can't contact the game makers.
Maybe the game will work for you on your device, but just in case it doesn't I suggest saving your money or spending it some where else.
Loved this game!
I loved nearly everything about this game. The opening screen is beautiful with the great sound track. Sometimes I will let the opening screen play for a while so I can admire the 360 view of Hogwarts Castle. The cut scenes are adorable. The scene where Harry returns from the graveyard with Cedric cracks me up every time.
I did have to do web searches several times to figure out how to find all hats and I did run across a glitch with the basilisk but I found this game to be just enough of a challenge for me. It entertained me and made me smile. Kudos to the programmers and designers who obviously put a lot of thought into this game. As for the game covering years 5-7 unless you enjoy playing with a joystick control on screen and a constantly changing angle of view as the character moves you may not want to buy the 2nd game.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 29, 2012
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 476 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Warner Bros. Entertainment
- Harry Potter characters, names, and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Harry Potter publishing rights © JKR WB Games Logo, WB Shield; ™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s10)
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.