LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Experience the magic and adventure of Harry Potter – LEGO style!
Please check the system requirements below before you buy.
Connect the bricks from Privet Drive to the Triwizard Tournament and experience the magic and adventure of Harry Potter and his friends in the first four stories – LEGO style! Cast spells, make potions and discover a fantastical world in this humorous action adventure game for the whole family.
You’ll join Harry, Ron, Hermione and other favorite characters at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to learn the arts of magic and explore Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade, the Forbidden Forest and other enchanted locations. Beautifully detailed environments, tongue-in-cheek humor and learning are all hallmarks of LEGO video games, served up here with lashings of broomsticks and screeching mandrake roots. Check out the LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 mini-site! feralinteractive.com/legoharrypotter
• Enormous game which offers a faithful, affectionate and humorous recreation of the world of Harry Potter.
• More than 100 playable characters and many with special abilities, such as Harry’s invisibility cloak, and Hermione’s talent for solving tricky puzzles.
• Hundreds of hidden secrets to find, puzzles to solve and challenges to complete that require lateral thinking.
• Face off against mighty bosses in epic confrontations – including ‘He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named’!
• True co-operative multiplayer – the second player can drop in and out at will, with seamless split-screen camera control.
• Level creator allows players to add a new twist to their adventures.
• Beautifully imagined cutscenes and the iconic musical score.
• Huge replayability – unlocking characters and spells allows players to do things in earlier areas of the game that are not possible on first playthrough.
• Supports PS3 gamepads connected using Bluetooth®.
Important information regarding LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
• LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 does not support NVIDIA 7xxx series or Intel GMA series graphics cards.
• In order to run the game with satisfactory performance, your Mac must meet these minimum system requirements: 1.4GHz CPU / 1GB RAM / 128MB Graphics Card (not Intel GMA or NVIDIA 7xxx series).
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
• Full system requirements are available on the LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 mini-site at feralinteractive.com/legoharrypotter.
LEGO HARRY POTTER: YEARS 1-4 software © 2010 TT Games Publishing Ltd. Produced by TT Games under license from the LEGO Group. LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and the Knob configurations and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2010 The LEGO Group. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. The ratings icon is a trademark of the Entertainment Software Association. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. HARRY POTTER characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © JKR. WB GAMES LOGO, WBIE LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
What's New in Version 1.0.6
• Adds support for additional game controllers.
• Adds Danish language support.
• Fixes a number of minor issues.
Glitch in Year 2 kills the fun
The level "Tom Riddles Diary" in year two is buggy. When I played it, I couldn't get into a cabinet for the earmuffs you need to use the mandrake, even though I had constructed it properly. I figured it was a bug so I exited the level and thought I could try again. Turns out if you exit that particular level, you can't get back into it without starting the whole game over. This is a well-known bug that has been reported since 2010 and hasn't been fixed yet. I would start the game over but I'm worried that I'll get to that level again and have the same problem.
I'd give the game five stars if TT would fix the bugs. It's fun to play up until you get stuck because something doesn't work.
Runs well on 2012 MacBook Air!
Before purchasing this game, I wondered how well it would run on my 2012 MacBook Air (8GB RAM). After downloading it, I was pleasantly surprised! The game play was extremely smooth! There were occasional, minor drops in frame rate during some of the cut scenes, but they were hardly noticeable. I was also extremely happy with the ability to play using my PS3 controllers via Bluetooth. After connecting my MBA to my TV via HDMI, my SO and I were able to play just like we were using the PS3. Aside from how well it runs, it is a very fun game! Humorous, challenging, and, all around, entertaining. Definitely worth the price.
No save option on quit! DO NOT BUY!
Do not buy this game if you want to save yourself or your youngster frustration. There is NO save option when you want to quit. We found this out the hard way. I emailed support and get this…they said you have to leave the game running (pause) so you can continue where you left off and not lose your progress. That is ridiculous! It sayes it autosaves but that is only in certain places and not when you want it to, and only at certain levels!!! My granddaughter was brought to tears of frustration in losing all her progress 6 TIMES trying to figure this out. Having to start the game over at the very beginning. I have never played a game where you cannot save your progress at will.
I want a REFUND!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 25, 2012
- Version: 1.0.6
- Size: 6.56 GB
- Languages: English, Danish, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- LEGO HARRY POTTER: YEARS 1-4 software © 2010 TT Games Publishing Ltd. Produced by TT Games under license from the LEGO Group. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.4 or later