The battle is building!
Harry Potter enchants the Mac App Store, as one of the Best Games of 2012!
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
Lord Voldemort is taking Hogwarts apart brick by brick and it’s up to you to stop him. Build, break and enchant your way through an incredible LEGO adventure set in the Muggle and wizarding worlds.
Based on the last three Harry Potter books and final four films, LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 brings encounters with new characters, new challenges and lots more magic as you prepare for the ultimate showdown with Lord Voldemort.
• Experience Harry’s last three years at Hogwarts the LEGO way, with comical re-interpretations of scenes from the last four Harry Potter movies.
• Unlock over 150 playable characters, from old favourites to new additions such as the evil Bellatrix LeStrange and the werewolf Fenrir Greyback.
• Team up to fight the forces of evil in a co-operative mode that lets a second player drop in or out at any time.
• Learn an array of new spells by attending class at Hogwarts and join Dumbledore’s Army to master wizarding duels.
• Explore charming LEGO versions of new locations including Godfric’s Hollow, Grimmauld Place, the Ministry of Magic and even Muggle London.
• Experiment with unpredictable magical items, from the Weasleys’ joke boxes to Hermione’s bottomless handbag and Luna’s SpectreSpecs.
• Use each character’s special abilities to discover hundreds of secrets and rescue Hogwarts students in peril.
Important information regarding LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7:
• If you require assistance, please contact our support team at email@example.com
• You can find out more about the game on the LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 mini-site at feralinteractive.com/legoharrypotter2
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 1.4 GHz, RAM: 2GB, Graphics: 128MB, Free Space: 7GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, NVIDIA 7xxx series and Intel GMA series.
• The following cards require you to have 4GB of System RAM: NVIDIA 320M, NVIDIA 9400 and Intel HD 3000.
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
LEGO HARRY POTTER: YEARS 5-7 software © 2011 - 2012 TT Games Publishing Ltd. Published for the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. under license from Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Produced by TT Games under license from the LEGO Group. LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and the Knob configurations and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2011- 2012 The LEGO Group. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. HARRY POTTER characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © JKR. WB GAMES LOGO, WBIE LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. 3000040167 (s12) Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Game Feral
I know I wrote a letter to Feral Interactive, and they are a great crew of people. I know you send emails directly to them for support, and the response is very quick from them. However like everyone else is griping, same thing about the keyboard issue, also I used a certain crontroller to play my game with, and it works great but it's lacking the icons to use for the controllers, i just get button 1-16 to choose from, and not the x,o, or the tiragle or square with the bluetooth ps3 controller like in the windows version, or the xbox icons for the xbox controller, same thing for both just buttons 1-16. I am not sure of the mapping so requesting this for future update. Also wondering if saved files can be uploaded to iCloud for switching betweens Macs? It would also be cool if you can play multiplayer online for the 2nd person to join and play the second charater, and facetime should be an option to chat while you play like in the little screen so you can see who your play with online, and also implement messages into chating while you play online incase someone doesn't want to facetime. I feel all games shoudl be like this where it reqires a second player or more. Also wondering if you can update years 1-4 with the same features. Again guys, great job.
After the first game I was waiting eagerly for this games arrival. For Harry Potter fans who enjoy a funny twist to the story added by quirky LEGO characters, this is again an awesome fun game.
Like any other lego game, you get the feeling that this was initially designed as a console game. However, that doesn't make it less fun - just gives it a slight learning curve. The game is more demanding of the system compared to the first one. I encountered a glitch during one of the levels and contacted feral support and they were very swift in helping and the problem was easily solved.
All in all I am glad I purchased this game and I am having a great deal of fun with it!
I only wish it didn't have to be full screen, however I'm not complaining!
A GAME ENDING BUG
I like the game and think that the idea was great BUT, it froze as soon as I got to year seven and used the apparation point inside the tent, which immediately put me in London. So I am thinking, ok, but how do I get back? I followed the ghost to where he disappeared, and then saw a pink Hermione Granger baseplate and thought I could use it. WRONG! The game just wouldn't let me use it, no matter how hard that I tried. Having sent a complaint to Feral Interactive, my only advice was to start the game over again. So I got up to the part in year 5 where Harry becomes the leader of the DA in the Gryffindor common room and then my game froze. Now naturally, I restarted the game and tried again. It still didn't work! I tried hard again and again and again. But still no luck. The game is great but WOW! What a BUG!
- Feral Interactive Ltd
- 7.9 GB
- OS X 10.6.8 or later
- English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- LEGO HARRY POTTER: YEARS 5-7 software © 2011 - 2012 TT Games Publishing Ltd. Published for the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. under license from Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.