LEGO The Lord of the Rings
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
One game to rule them all.
Selected as “Game of the Year” (non-United States) and one of the “Best Games of 2013” (United States) in the “Mac App Store Best of 2013”!
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
The Dark Lord Sauron is threatening to destroy Middle-earth brick by brick, and only a Hobbit can stop him! Together with his friends, Frodo Baggins must journey to Mount Doom and cast Sauron’s evil ring back into the fiery chasm from whence it came, ending the Dark Lord’s reign forever.
The smallest person can change the course of the future, even one made out of LEGO! Become Frodo and over 80 other playable characters and embark on an epic quest across an open-world version of Middle-earth in this lighthearted and imaginative retelling of the renowned movie trilogy.
• Experience The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy the LEGO way, with a minifigure cast, dialogue from the films, and a uniquely challenging brick-based version of Middle-earth.
• From the peaceful fields of the Shire to the mysterious beauty of Rivendell and on to the fearsome depths of Mordor, forge your own path through a vast open world.
• Set out on perilous side quests, discover secret areas and solve challenging puzzles alongside the epic main adventure.
• Master the special powers of over 80 playable characters, including Frodo’s ability to wear the One Ring and enter the shadowy world of the Ringwraiths...
• Hunt for hidden treasure! Collect, craft and use magical items including Wizard staffs, Mithril armour and Elven blades that glow blue in the presence of Orcs.
• Battle Ringwraiths, Mountain Trolls and the Balrog, and smash hundreds of Orcs to pieces with Aragorn’s sword, Legolas’ bow and Gimli’s axe!
• Share the adventure in co-operative multiplayer mode! Form a fellowship with friends and family and explore Middle-earth together.
Important information regarding LEGO The Lord of the Rings:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 1.4GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 128MB, Free Space: 8GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, NVIDIA 7xxx series, NVIDIA 8xxx series and Intel GMA series.
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
• You can find out more about the game on the LEGO The Lord of the Rings mini-site at feralinteractive.com/legolordoftherings
LEGO THE LORD OF THE RINGS software © 2013 TT Games Publishing Ltd. Produced by TT Games under license from the LEGO Group. LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and the Knob configurations and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2013 The LEGO Group. © 2013 New Line Productions Inc. All The Lord of the Rings content other than content from the New Line films © 2013 The Saul Zaentz Company (“SZC”). Mithril, Morgul, The Lord of the Rings and the names of the characters, items, events and places therein are trademarks of The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Middle-earth Enterprises under license to Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. WB GAMES LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s13)
One Game to Rule them All!
This is an awesome game! The cutscenes are really funny, and using the actual voices from the movies really give a feel of realism. Each level has its own challenges for more experienced players, as well as easier things to do for the younger ones. Controls on a computer don’t seem to difficult if you set them up in a comfortable way. I use the arrow keys to move, Space to jump, and A, S, and D to switch characters, select weapons, and attack enemies. The only problem that comes up is that I can’t hide the game and return to the desktop while paused. The game just freezes an then I have to restart, which can get annoying. But that’s only a minor issue. Overall, the game is great. There are plenty of fun and interesting things to do and places to see on the huge open world, free roam map, where you can collect mithril bricks and all that stuff. This game never gets boring, even after the levels are complete!
This is the best lego game that I’ve ever played, and definitely is “One Game to Rule them All”!
Very Fun, But Designed for a Gamepad
The biggest problem with it is that it's clearly designed to be used with a gamepad (as would be found on a console). There is no mouse support and using a keyboard with it very difficult, especially with the default mapping. This is especially egregious when you have to fire off arrows or throw objects because a crosshairs appears, but you can't use your mouse to direct it: you have to use WASD (or whatever you've remapped it to).
If you have a gamepad to plug into your computer, you'll enjoy LEGO Lord of the Rings immensely. If you don't, you'll have to do some key remapping or get used to the sub-par keyboard scheme before you can fully enjoy the game. It's worth it though: this is the most enjoyable LEGO game I've played since LEGO Star Wars. It captures the feel of Lord of the Rings while adapting it to the fun style of Lego Gameplay.
The best LEGO game out there
This is probably the best LEGO game. It is hilarious, follows the storyline of The Lord of the Rings movies very well, and even has characters that are only in the books. If you dislike the keyboard controls, you can use a gamepad made for desktop games – or even an X-Box controller. The one thing that is kind of disappointing is that the DLC packs are nonexistent on this version, so you’d probably be better off with the console version (if that matters to you). This isn’t the fault of Feral Interactive as this is a port of the PC version which also doesn’t have DLC packs. So if you’re upset, go complain to TT Games.
I hope this review was helpful.
- Category: Games
- Released: Feb 21, 2013
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 6.25 GB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- LEGO THE LORD OF THE RINGS software © 2013 TT Games Publishing Ltd. Produced by TT Games under license from the LEGO Group. Published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.5 or later