By Kevin Abosch
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Lenka is a remarkably simple yet powerful, dedicated black & white camera app developed in France by world renowned photographer Kevin Abosch (kevinabosch.com) for professionals & amateurs alike, to create beautiful black & white photographs. Lenka is optimized for use with an iPhone 5/5c/5s/6/6 Plus/6s/6s Plus -- For highest image quality, we suggest using these devices with iOS 9.1 installed.
- Realtime "What you see is what you get" preview as you shoot.
- Pinch screen to switch from rectangular "full frame" format to square format.
- Automatic focus or Manual Focus. (Manual Focus only available with iOS8 or later)
- Adjust exposure manually with control slider.
- Adjust contrast manually with control slider.
- Subtle cooler/warmer Temperature Tint control slider.
- Option to take photo by pressing volume buttons.
- Edit photos (crop/rotate) and share via email or messenger and to Facebook and Twitter.
- Export photos to Instagram! (Must have Instagram on your device for this feature)
- Tap the lightbulb icon to illuminate your subjects with constant light (not flash)
Lenka does not allow for flash photography or the use of your front facing camera. These are creative decisions which speak to our artistic philosophy.
"Free apps exist to provide the same kind of service, but often fall short of Lenka’s simple brilliance" - SlashGear
"Lenka is a beautifully simple iPhone app that gives photos that moody monochrome magic" - The Next Web
"When you fire up Lenka you immediately realise that it’s capable of much more subtle greys and textures than most normal camera apps." - Tech Crunch
"Lenka's simplicity is what makes the app so alluring" - PetaPixel
What's New in Version 1.4.2
Works well for those who love BW film
I want to like it, and for the most part I do. The simplicity is just right. My only problem is the results are just too film-like for my tastes. Sometimes it's a bit soft. Other times the exposure is just not to my liking. I find myself just shooting with Simple BW and covering to BW using a red filter, which I find I like better.
Still, Lenka offers a WISYWIG view, which is not common in these apps, at least in the free options, and even in the past options it's rare.
Bottom line, if you like BW, you owe it to yourself to try Lenka. It may be just what you are looking for.
I find myself shooting a great deal in Lenka and loving it. Coming from an analog film background way back when, Lenka captures results that “feel” like the genuine article, with smooth tone curves and fine gradations, with just enough sharpness. The app has simplicity & style merged with a quality black & white output. It doesn’t get much better than that.
The app produces the best black and white images of all other apps I use and I have several vintage and still functioning bnw apps that are no longer available in the App Store. The controls are very easy to use and the results are pure heaven!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 21, 2015
- Version: 1.4.2
- Size: 4.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kevin Abosch
- © 2015 Kevin Abosch
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.