By Theia Technologies
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Theia's lens calculator can be used to help you understand the level of detail and field of view that can be seen with different lens and camera combinations. This app is targeted at security camera installers and integrators. It can help you figure out what combination of lens and camera is required for an application. Can you read a license plate or recognize a person? What happens if you use an UltraHD camera instead of 720p HD camera? How does field of view trade off with image resolution? This calculator and image simulator attempts to answer these, and many more, questions.
There are three output image simulation screens.
1. The image resolution simulation shows the expected image using the chosen input parameters. This can help you set expectations with your customers and avoid the CSI effect; you can't see an entire parking lot and read a license plate at the far end in the same image. 2 cameras are needed in this situation and this app can tell you what those 2 cameras and lenses are.
2. The field of view simulation shows the potential field of view compared to Theia's widest angle lens, the rectilinear SY125 using Linear Optical Technology®. You can check out more about our Linear Optical Technology® and how it keeps straight lines straight even in a super wide rectilinear lens on our website.
3. The elevation view shows a chart of the distance to a near and far person as well as the resolution of the person at those distances. For a set camera height and lens field of view, how close can a person be to the camera and still be in the image? This chart can show you the numbers.
There are 5 input variables that are intertwined. The input variables are camera resolution, lens focal length, object distance, image resolution, and image field of view. You can choose and set 3 of these variables, the remaining 2 become dependent variables and are calculated automatically. You can't for instance choose a high resolution camera, wide angle lens, long object distance, and high image resolution. Choosing 4 of the 5 variables results in over-constraint of the system.
This app uses some pre-programmed images to show the simulation. This image resolution cannot be matched by that of your cell phone camera. If you would like to use your cell phone camera, please email us and let us know what you want to do. We'll look at creating that app for you as well.
What's New in Version 3.2.1
Updated some sensor size defaults
- Category: Business
- Updated: May 01, 2015
- Version: 3.2.1
- Size: 4.6 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: Theia Technologies
- © 2015 Theia Technologies
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.