If you read one thing, read this: our app is designed to work with the the Lensbaby LM-10, LM-20, and LM-30 magnetically-attaching lenses for your iPhone 5, 5s, 5c, 6 and 6 Plus, from Lensbaby, Inc. These lenses create optical depth of field and other creative effects on your iPhone, similar to those possible on a DSLR camera. This app requires iOS 8 or later and is optimized for use on the iPhone 5, 5s, 5c, 6 and 6 Plus.
If you don’t own this lens, please visit lensbaby.com to find out how to get one for yourself.
Why do I need to use this app?
● When shooting with LM-10, your images and videos will come out upside down in other photo apps.
● Your LM-10 and LM-20 sweet spot of focus will be stuck in the center of your image with other photo apps.
● Using our app lets you flip your image right-side up when shooting with LM-10.
● Our app lets you move the LM-10 or LM-20 sweet spot anywhere in the image or video to match your area of focus and blur to your preferred composition.
What else does the app include?
● Movable Sweet Spot Mode
● Spot Metering
● Exposure Lock
● Rule of Thirds Grid & Square Crop
● White Balance Lock
● Toggle to switch between still & video mode
● Toggle to switch between right-side up and upside-down mode (LM-20 automatically shoots rightside up, LM-10 automatically shoots upside down)
● A sharpening slider
● Share images direct to Facebook, Twitter, SMS and e-mail
How to Use
● Custom designed iPhone Mount slides over the camera on your phone. Press the locking tab down to secure it in place. (Slide the spring loaded release button to remove the iPhone Mount from your phone.) iPhone 5c shooters, see below*
● Your LM-10, LM-20 and LM-30 attach magnetically to the iPhone Mount. Simply pop your lens of choice onto the Mount, and slide it all the way up so it sits snugly against the top of the Mount.
● Simply touch the center of the screen to focus. To move your sweet spot around the frame, pinch out, and drag the sweet spot around with your finger. To return your sweet spot to the center, pinch in.
*For iPhone 5c Shooters:
● Attach the included adhesive-backed stainless steel ring to your iPhone 5c, centering it as much as possible.
● After mounting your LM-10, LM-20 or LM-30 lens to your iPhone 5c, point your phone at a light-colored monochrome surface like a wall, or the floor. It may not be exciting, but it’s a very effective way to see if the lens is centered or not.
● If any of the four corners are darker than the other three, slide the lens up/down/left/right until all four corners have a similar brightness. If the lens is off-center, the sweet spot of focus will be soft and the image will vignette (one or two corners will fade to black).
-Optimized for improved functionality on iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
Ratings and Reviews
This app may be great, but there no instructions for the current version, which differs significantly from the version for which the “manual” applies.
The controls are not intuitive, so this is a major shortcoming.
What about 6s?
Website says the 10 is compatible with the 6s. Works very poorly with it. Box does move. Support apparently doesn’t exist. Very surprised this turned out so badly. Sad.
Even though the sweet spot IS a bit small making some pictures appear nothing but blur, I enjoy a challenge. Using this lens will provide one... If there is a patch that stops the screen from freezing. I find after I've checked the picture I just snapped (pressed the film icon, upper left corner), when I return to the Lensbaby screen, it's frozen and I cannot take more pics. I've tried pressing all on-screen options, closed the app, even turned my iPhone 6 off. So far the only solution is to delete the app and download it again. This works until I take a couple more pics then it freezes again. Most frustrating!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.