Leo's Pad: Preschool Kids Learning Series
By Kidaptive Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• A free series of interactive animated stories for preschoolers
• Designed by Stanford University researchers and Emmy award-winning animators
• Early-learning curriculum based on latest research
• Powerful assessment framework to help parents support their child's development
• Characters inspired by Leonardo da Vinci, Marie Curie, and other historical figures
• 5-star ratings from USA Today, Common Sense Media, and many others
• Winner of a 2013 Family Choice Award
Leo’s Pad is an interactive, animated series of “appisodes” for preschoolers, in which your child will join a young Leonardo da Vinci and his friends on big adventures filled with exciting games woven seamlessly into the stories.
Parent’s Pad (a feature within Leo’s Pad) is the most comprehensive tool available outside of clinical settings to assess and provide feedback on preschool learning. As the Leo’s Pad series unfolds, Parent’s Pad will report learners' progress, analyze their activity using over 80 learning dimensions, and offer parents insights on how to help their child become a better learner.
Leo’s Pad and Parent’s Pad break new ground for children’s learning in four ways:
1. CURRICULUM-BASED CONTENT
Kids practice skills from a comprehensive curriculum that features over 80 cognitive, academic, and social “learning dimensions.” These activities focus on skills such as color naming, turn taking, and instruction following.
2. ADAPTIVE GAMEPLAY
Games adapt as children play, providing just the right level of difficulty to motivate learning.
3. ENGAGING STORIES TO HELP LEARNING
Engaging stories from our Emmy Award-winning creative director improve learning and maximize knowledge retention.
4. COMPREHENSIVE ASSESSMENT AND FEEDBACK
Parent’s Pad allows parents to easily track, assess, and guide their child’s learning in Leo’s Pad.
- Appisode 1, “Gally’s Birthday”: Leo and your learner make a telescope and birthday card for Gally (Galileo), then fly to his house using a homemade catapult and a set of wings.
- Appisode 2, “Rocket to the Stars”: Your child helps Leo, Gally, and Marie (Curie) travel to the stars by designing and building a rocket; mixing rocket fuel; and steering the rocket through space!
- Appisode 3, “Catch that Question!”: Your learner paints pictures; powers a gyroscopic racecar; captures fireflies; and helps Leo, Marie, and Cinder catch Marie’s Question Lab when a rogue flying belt causes it to float away.
- Appisode 4, “A Splashing Good Time”: Leo, Marie, and Cinder need help getting the Question Lab home. Your child lends a hand by building sails; making a map; flying with new friend Fusch (Confucius); and constructing a bridge after the lab lands in a lake.
- Appisode 5, “The Wishing Fish”: After hearing a story about a magical fish, your learner joins Leo, Fusch, and Cinder on a journey to the Wishing Fish's lake. In the appisode, your child puts on a colorful fireworks show; explores Fusch’s library; picks out “wish” items for Cinder; and helps find a way to bridge the river so the gang can catch the Wishing Fish!
• Fun and memorable songs
• "Co-play" games designed for parents and children to play together
• Designed for children up to age 6
• No third-party advertising
“...kids feel like they’re part of Leo’s journey because he enlists their help every step of the way.”—Parenting.com
"...stunning artwork and animation and plenty of activities to entertain and engage young minds."—AppCraver
“Leo’s Pad is one of the best designed educational apps addressing kids as a whole. It is easy to teach just numbers or letters, it is not easy to build the soft skills into the learning process. This makes Leo’s Pad stand out...”—The iGame Mom
"By challenging students to answer harder questions, but easing off if the questions become too hard, the app continues to give kids a sense of accomplishment while keeping them engaged with new skills."—Fun Educational Apps
What's New in Version 1.5.0
• NEW APPISODE! Appisode 5 takes Leo, Fusch, and your learner on a quest to find the magical Wishing Fish!
• Also includes minor bug fixes.
We had the same issue others are having with the app crashing each time we tried to watch the latest episode, but I just uninstalled the whole app and then reinstalled, and it works fine now. This last appisode is definitely my 3yo dc’s favorite of the 4! (Some of the mini games in previous appisodes had too much annoying/boring repetition, even though the appisodes themselves were wonderful.)
How I got Appisode 5 working
Close all Apps.
Turn off Bluetooth.
Hard reset device (hold home and sleep buttons down until Apple logo reappears).
Delete Leo's Pad (hold icon until it wiggles, then press X).
Hard reset device again.
Verify you have a good wi-fi connection, preferably not currently used by several devices.
Now re-install Leo's Pad from the App Store.
These steps worked for my iPad Retina.
My 4 y/o daughter gets bored easily with learning apps. And this, by far, has to be one of the BEST learning apps I have downloaded. The story lines are very interesting, it has great activities from spelling, to counting to learning primary/secondary colors , to developing fine motor skills (by tracing). I RECOMMEND this to EVERYONE with a child who is at this learning stage.