The Leo’s Pad Enrichment Program is an award-winning adaptive-learning series in which your child will join a young Leonardo da Vinci and his friends on big adventures filled with exciting games woven into the stories.
Designed by Stanford researchers and an Emmy Award-winning creative director, the games in Leo’s Pad address over 25 skills essential to early learning and adjust to each child’s skill level as they play, so content is always highly relevant and engaging.
Try Chapter 1 for free! If your children love it, the remaining chapters are available for purchase. (Leo's Pad has no third-party ads.)
“From the start, Leo's Pad was a hit…Now that my daughter is 3 years old, I've seen her cognitive behavior improve as well as her problem-solving skills. Even after 10 months of using Leo's Pad, it is still at the top of her list, and she plays nearly every day.” —David R., father of a 3-year-old
“Leo’s Pad is one of the best designed educational apps addressing kids as a whole. It is easy to teach just numbers or letters, it is not easy to build the soft skills into the learning process. This makes Leo’s Pad stand out...”—iGameMom
“The [chapters] develop critical thinking and socio-emotional growth while creatively building from foundational skills, encouraging imagination and problem solving…I hope all students have access to this wonderful learning tool. This is a great investment!”—Alahrie A., educator, principal, and mother of a 6-year-old
Leo’s Pad Enrichment Program for Preschoolers breaks new ground for children’s learning in four ways:
1. RESEARCH-BASED CONTENT
The games are designed by a team of learning scientists and based on a comprehensive early childhood curriculum. Through these games, kids practice a variety of skills essential to early learning, including problem solving, working memory, and even turn taking and delayed gratification!
2. ADAPTIVE GAMEPLAY
The games’ difficulty levels adapt as children play, extending the value of each chapter by providing just the right level of difficulty to motivate learning and keep kids coming back for more.
3. HIGH-QUALITY ANIMATION
Leo’s Pad uses movie-quality animation to bring characters and events to life, for a captivating experience that children love to relive again and again.
4. ENGAGING STORIES
Fun stories and memorable songs from our Emmy-winning creative director improve learning and maximize knowledge retention.
- Chapter 1, “Gally’s Birthday”: This chapter is about being generous with friends and dreaming big.
- Chapter 2, “Rocket to the Stars”: Preschoolers often get frustrated; they’re beginning to have big ideas, but they struggle to make those ideas happen. This chapter highlights three strategies for making big ideas a reality!
- Chapter 3, “Catch that Question!”: This chapter touches on the idea that anything we want to learn how to do requires lots of practice.
- Chapter 4, “A Splashing Good Time”: This chapter models an innovation mindset. The characters find solutions to problems using whatever materials are available.
- Chapter 5, “The Wishing Fish”: In this chapter our characters learn that courage means doing something even though it scares you.
- Chapter 6, “Wish Upon a Fish”: This chapter’s theme is doing the right thing by someone else, even if means giving up something you really want.
- Finale, “A Storybook Ending”: Featuring an original song from Laurie Berkner, the finale introduces preschoolers to the joy of music and the love of reading, with the hopes of inspiring them to create their own stories and music beyond Leo’s Pad!
- Updated for iOS 11
Ratings and Reviews
Still engages after years of use
My oldest is almost 8, but when his younger brother plays Leo's Pad, he hovers and then settles in to enjoy himself just like he did when we first used the app almost five years ago. The puzzles and games are way too easy for him, but the story and characters still delight him, and our family frequently refers to lessons from the songs throughout the app (e.g., "It's OK to have to try again!").
We have a lot of great apps (Montessori Preschool, Homer, and several Bubl/Edoki apps). This one is among the best of the best. It’s like a really quality, positive-messaging cartoon with learning games embedded. My 4 year old says he wishes he could play it “forever.” Meanwhile there is a free adults app called Learner Mosaic, which evaluates your kid’s ability in doing the Leo’s Pad games, and gives parents real-life ways to help their kid consolidate their skills. Ingenious!
Leo's Pad is the most engaging, intelligent and positive app that I have ever discovered. I am a teacher so I have introduced Leo to dozens of students aged 6-13. Every one of them is fascinated from the very first episode. My iPad and time with Leo has been a great reward for good behavior. Unfortunately, I work at an elementary with creaky tech, deep in the digital divide. Thank you for Leo and the positive, smart message it shares.
- Kidaptive Inc.
- 352.6 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Kidaptive Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Full Leo's Pad Enrichment Program $24.99
- Chapter 2 $5.99
- Prorated package for the full program after 1 a la carte chapter purchase $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.