LEPSI Watch Magnetism - THE FIRST APP THAT TELLS YOU IF YOUR WATCH IS MAGNETIZED
This app is aimed to mechanical watch lovers who'd like to know if their watches are magnetized or not.
How can I tell that my watch is magnetized?
If your watch is running fast or slow, this can be a sign of magnetism. To be sure, this app has been made for you. With LEPSI Watch MAGNETISM, you can run a diagnostic on your watch’s magnetism in a few seconds.
First detect the position of the magnetic sensor on your iPhone/iPad (you only have to do this the first time):
1. Place your iPhone/iPad on a table
2. Place a magnet above the iPhone/iPad and move it around the screen without touching the device.
3. Observe the magnetic strength displayed by the app
4. The higher the number, the closer the magnet is to the sensor.
5. Once you’ve found the sensor, double click on the identified area.
6. The sensor’s position will be represented by a circle.
After you have pinpointed the sensor, you can measure your watch’s magnetism:
1. Click on Start and wait 3 seconds.
2. Put your watch about 1 cm away from the sensor without having it touch the screen.
3. If the message Magnetism detected shows up, your watch is magnetized and if not, your watch is fine.
And that's all !!!
Magnetism sensibility has been decreased to match most manufacture standard.
Ratings and Reviews
Detector of ferrous metal, and maybe magnetized watches.
Firstly, the app works nicely for what it is. But it should be known that the compass chip in the iPhone will, like any compass, be affected by ANY ferrous metal. Whether that ferrous metal object is magnetized or not. So if the app tells you that your mechanical watch is "magnetized", you are more than likely getting attraction to a ferrous part (the strap springbar or clasp are likely culprits). If no strap, then the mainspring or small screws & parts may be enough to pull the compass, even if not magnetized. If you're demagnetizing over & over and still getting a "magnetized" reading, this is why. Perhaps watch the strength level, if it drops, you may have removed some magnetic contamination, but you'll always get "some" reading from clean steel, if present. All similar apps like this work this way, so not a problem, so long as you are aware.
I just tested this with two Omega Speedmasters; one is magnetized and one is not. The non-magnetized watch does briefly say magnetism is detected if you place it very precisely, but the magnetized watch clearly shows magnetism detected when placed anywhere in the ballpark of the compass. The difference is very easy to recognize.
I can confirm this works 100%. My Breitling was running fast and this app indicated a magnetization. I went to the watch store and had them demagnify the watch and the app is no longer detecting magnetization. I mean can’t get a more bulletproof test than that. 5 stars. I’m impressed.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.