Start each level with a handful of magnets. Finish with a dozen or more words! In between, enjoy the physics we painstakingly crafted into our coolest word game yet!
Be honest — you love making words on your fridge! It’s time to revisit the age-old marriage of bright plastic letters and ice cold kitchen appliances!
Happy Holidays, dear Letter Fridgers! Thanks so much for all of your guidance this year on how to improve our humble fridge. We’re listening to your feedback and are working on your most requested features.
New in this update:
+ Analytics & advertising updates
+ Back-of-the-fridge performance enhancements & bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Could be great
This is a really fun game...that is, unless you have a large vocabulary. The concept is great, and I love the work that went into making the fridge magnets move just like you would expect them to. I also enjoy the sounds and the overall vibe. Putting the words into crossword puzzle form is also fun and can really help when you can’t think of any more words initially.
That said, however, and this is a big however for a word game, the words that are accepted are inconsistent and frustrating. Sometimes conjugated verbs and plural nouns are accepted, and sometimes they aren’t, for no apparent reason. I just played a round where ‘mar’ was good, but ‘mars’ wasn’t. They also sometimes accept archaic words that I’ve tried out of desperation, but then won’t take other more common, if also somewhat old-fashioned, words. Sometimes slang is good, sometimes it isn’t. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to their word selection, and more often than not, I simply find myself frustrated while playing. I waited several months before posting this review in case they got it sorted out, but it’s just as bad as when I started. If the dictionary of accepted words gets fixed, then I’ll happily keep playing. Until then, I’ll be deleting it to save myself the frustration.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. One of the challenges in creating a dictionary is the subjective nature of the English language. What may be archaic or slang in one part of the world may not be in another. That being said, we know that the dictionary feature isn't perfect, and we are working to address this aspect of the game.
Great concept, basic dictionary
The theme of this game is great, and it definitely has that "just one..more..round.." addictive quality to it, but after a week or two, I have a few issues that mean I'm about to quit:
1) the dictionary seems oddly incomplete. After 20-30 rounds, some letter combinations count as words that I have never heard of, while other, more common words, don't count at all (really? "Bagel" doesn't count?)
2) every round has a crossword puzzle-like setup which you have to fill in words for, but many valid letter combinations aren't the words the developer wanted, so they just get counted as "bonus words", which earn you extra coins. That's fine, but it doesn't maintain a visible list of the words you've unlocked as you progress through a round. So by the end of a round when you have just one or two more words to find, you're making random words over and over only to realize that you already guessed it five minutes before. A list of found words would be great
3) I keep getting the same letters over and over. Level 25 is not much different than level 5, except the puzzle is larger. The letters are the same. The words are the same. The challenge is gone, there's nothing new to see or find.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review! We know that the dictionary needs some improvements, so we are working to improve this feature of the game. Also, we are considering adding a list of words that have been found. Unfortunately, as there are only 26 letters in the language there will be some repetition of letters. That being said, no two levels of Letter Fridge are the same! 👍
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Candywriter, LLC
- 101.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Candywriter, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Small Coins Pack $0.99
- Medium Coins Pack $2.99
- Special Offer Coins Pack $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.