The #1 alphabet tracing app for toddlers & pre-schoolers. Recommended and used by parents, teachers, and occupational therapists. Loved & played by more than 2 million toddlers and used at more than 5.000 schools!
LetterSchool is an educational app designed to help every child play and learn how to write all letters of the English alphabet (from A to Z) and numbers from 1-10. Kids practice and develop essential phonics and handwriting skills as they play three exciting games per letter or number – as an extra, they learn words associated with the letters!
HOW IT WORKS:
Intro - Discover the shape, phonics, name, and sound of all the 26 block / print letters and numbers (1-10).
Tap - Learn where to start to write the letters and numbers and finish by tapping the dots in the correct order.
Trace - Learn the letter trajectory and direction of lines by tracing it.
Write - Test your knowledge by writing the ABC and numbers from memory!
- Uppercase and lowercase block letters + numbers 1-10!
- Two exciting levels: Silver and Gold (with new animations)!
- Progress and settings stored for up to three players on the same device.
- In the A-Z section, specific graphics available to match the letters (e.g. ant graphic for letter A/a).
- Available for both iPads and iPhones.
- Special edition for schools and teachers.
- Available in bulk through the Volume Purchase Program.
- Available at a reduced price for educational institutions: 50% off for 20+ units!
PERFECT FOR KIDS:
Kids want to have fun, and LetterSchool offers an educational journey with the most engaging and entertaining educational material!
- They learn with various exciting animations, graphics, and sound effects.
- They learn to associate letters with words, learn and memorize tracing directions and the correct formation of each character.
- Perfect for home-schooling kids and kindergartens. A user-friendly app for children with special educational needs.
PERFECT FOR PARENTS & TEACHERS:
- Choice of the three most popular typefaces in handwriting education (Handwriting Without Tears, D’Nealian, and Zaner-Bloser).
- Two levels, where Golden Level allows tracking kids’ progress by displaying their exact letter writing!
- Engaging and compelling game mode prompting the child to trace a letter or a number 3 times using different parameters (each step is more challenging).
- An educational app created together with parents and educational professionals.
- NO ADS!
- Advanced settings or purchases only accessible by an adult!
- Extremely committed Customer Support ready to answer all questions and fix any issues.
MONTESSORI MATERIALS & METHODS:
LetterSchool is crafted with the greatest care for preschool kids & toddlers. Parents, teachers, and occupational therapists can use LetterSchool independently, but schools that teach according to the Montessori principle can use LetterSchool as a source for their Montessori materials and methods as well.
- ‘Best Mobile App of 2018 Platinum Award’ nominee! – BMA
- Winner of 'National Parenting Product Awards 2018' - NAPPA Awards
- Teachers With Apps Certified – TeachersWithApps
- “Learning a letter on this app is like being on a great party, with disco lights, stars and fireworks. Every letter is a surprise!” – Apps4Kids
- “The kids love it! This app is right on track to help my son to be better prepared for Kindergarten”. -Kidz
LET'S PLAY & LEARN!
Join LetterSchool on this exciting educational journey! Download the app and allow your toddler to discover the magical world of letters and words. Before you know it, your child or pupil will be writing the entire English block alphabet!
For more reviews and information, visit our website www.letterschool.com
If you have any question or suggestions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also check our FAQ page on www.letterschool.org/faq.
- Small performance improvements & fixes.
- New, updated high-quality icon.
- Refreshed brand = refreshed intro animation.
- Added a link to our other amazing apps!
- We always work on improvements, for any feedback please let us know on: www.letterschool.com
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t get app to work
The app won’t face the correct way when the iPad is laying in landscape. So frustrating!
more than pleased!
We started out with the "lite" version of Letter School. I forgot to tell the kids I had even put it on there when my son found it. I kept hearing this noise and him laughing and squawking/screaming delight (he's on the autism spectrum however he IS verbal). He told me he wanted more of the app! NOW! I said show me and he went to it and started the letter P and and then his sister had to have a go of it. I took the iPad and purchased it right away. He could not put it down and when I made him turn if off and go to bed he was 'bummed out' and the first thing he wanted the next morning was "Letter School". He completed it in a matter of days as did his sister. I loved it as much as they did - I mean they were actually learning to trace the letters "correctly" in STEPS and with practice and they were not upset when they did not get it right (which is hard for my son). They would laugh at their own letters and numbers when they were accepted and shown on a 'chalkboard' saying look how silly it is mommy! The various cars and insects that zoom or buzz through and more made them want to go on and on and on in order to see what would happen next! This is one of the BEST alphabet and number writing apps out there in the market (and we have a LOT)! Thank you for making such an ingenious app!
Reading Specialist Questions the Sounds
As a game for writing practice, the app seems good, clever, and visually appealing. However, as a reading specialist, I question how the app gets such high reviews when it is presenting phonetically confusing information for young children. Any good introductory phonetic information for young children needs to be consistent and as clear as possible. The designers have presented inconsistent phonetic information, and have chosen questionable examples for words beginning with alphabet sounds. Three of the 5 vowels are fine- "a" (axe or ant) and "e" (egg or elephant) and "o" (octopus and ostrich.) All six of these are short sounds of the vowels. For i, they use ice cream or igloo; both the long and short sounds, respectively. And for "u" they include two examples of the long sound of "u" with ukulele aned unicorn. Garage is used for "g" in one example, but the soft "g" is also included with giraffe. X is just plain wrong, as x does not say zzzz and in xylophone. Reading specialists present consistent information to beginning readers: the short, more predictable sound comes first. The long sounds are treated as exceptions in alphabet charts. The soft "g" should be left out until later as it is less confusing. X has never said ZZZZZ. It may seem harmless to present this information carelessly, but I believe kids deserve the best start possible. This app needs to clean up the sounds section.
- Letterschool Enabling Learning B.V.
- 109.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © LetterSchool Enabling Learning
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.