Letterspace – Swipe. Edit. Note.
By Sittipon Simasanti
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**Letterspace gets iOS writing and editing right** – TUAW
**It's a simple system that's elegant and just plain works.** – Business Insider
**The latest proof that we’re in the golden age of note-taking apps** – Macworld
# Key Features:
- Swipe on a bar above the keyboard to move cursor.
- Double tap on that bar to start selection.
- Use inline #hashtags and @mentions to group related notes.
- Sync notes across your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, and Mac using iCloud Drive.
- Full-text search.
- 7 Purchasable colour themes: Sepia Green, Yellow, Maroon, Cobalt Blue, Matcha Green, Charcoal, and Dark Side.
- Beautiful markdown syntax highlighting.
# To-do Lists:
To-do lists are lists with items marked as either [ ] or [x] (incomplete or complete). For example:
- [ ] Incomplete
- [x] Completed
Tap on [ ], or [x] to toggle them. Texts underneath will automatically update themselves.
What's New in Version 1.6.1
Letterspace utilizes silent push notification to force other devices to update.
- Sort notes by last modification time instead of creation time.
- Fixes problem where in-app purchase doesn't sync between iOS and Mac version.
- Re-adjust monospace font height for each typeset.
- Preserve whitespace indent when press return twice.
- Improve stability and many minor bug fixes.
We hope you enjoy this update. Feedback is always welcome. Just drop us an email email@example.com or twitter @programmerbird.
This app is great for just about anything. A basic, standard note app is what you're looking at. Very fluid. Very organized. This is really the app to go for an alternative to the default Apple app, Notes. iCloud is very useful if you have other devices to get notes on. Very reliable in my opinion. The reason why I gave it 4/5 starts, is because we need more customization and added features. Evernote is a perfect role model of this. Their features are highly superb, but if this is going to stay basic, then that's fine as well. Overall, great app! Rely on it everyday. Few bugs here and there, but great app like I said!
Best Simple Note App So Far
Loving the app so far. Great job in putting this together. Super clean and focused. Definitely my favorite things about it are: tagging system is easy, intuitive and extremely useful; markdown implementation is pretty cool and navigation is extremely quick.
I wish it had: ability to reorder notes while viewing lists; setting ability to hide/show details of note while in list view and finally, but much less important is ability to upload a photo.
This app is great as a notes taking app, what discourages me from using it though is that the notes can't be exported as text notes to be used with other apps. Once they're put into letterspace, they will stay in letterspace. That's fine for temporary notes, but for long term, I can't put anything into the app without some amount of fear that I'm going to lose it someday, which is kind of the idea of writing stuff down in the first place.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 07, 2015
- Version: 1.6.1
- Size: 7.8 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Sittipon Simasanti
- © 2014 Sittipon Simasanti
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Cobalt Blue$2.99
- Sepia Green$1.99
- Charcoal Gray$2.99
- Dark Side$4.99
- Matcha Green$2.99