Level It Books
By KTL Mobile Apps LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Visit levelitbooks.com for any questions you have about the app!
A library management app that allows you to scan your books' ISBNs to view the Guided Reading, Lexile®, Grade Level Equivalent, and DRA levels for the book and store them in a personalized library. You can build your leveled library quickly by searching our comprehensive database of over 295K books spanning those 4 leveling standards. We have a passion for education and our goals are to help you organize your classroom library and to alleviate the struggles associated with finding the levels of books. This app is great for educators who need to level their classroom library and also need a way to organize those books digitally. Parents will also find this app useful in order to locate level appropriate books for their child's reading enjoyment.
‣ Scan or manually search by ISBN, book title or author to lookup level information where available.
‣ View a new book of the week recommended by teachers.
‣ Create and maintain libraries of your books.
‣ Loan out your books and keep track of them by utilizing the Check out and in feature.
‣ Create and maintain roster(s) of your students for checking out books and maintaining reading levels.
‣ Create and maintain wish lists of books that you don't currently have, but would like to get in the future.
‣ Cloud Syncing! Easily sync all of your data across iOS devices.
‣ Cloud Backup! We now backup your data on a daily basis so in the event of you losing your device or getting a new one, you can easily restore your data.
‣ Social - Educators can submit book levels and recommendations to benefit other users (Levels will be independently reviewed for accuracy before going live).
‣ Theme and Font customization - Adjust the theme colors and fonts of the app to customize to your liking.
‣ An active support team that is dedicated to developing new features and adding new books to our database.
Join us in building the best community for educators and parents to support the on going growth of our children!
We would love to hear from you! If you have any issues, questions, or suggestions, please use the Contact Us page in the app or email us at email@example.com. You can also visit us at levelitbooks.com, on Facebook at facebook.com/LevelItBooks, and on Twitter @LevelItBooks.
The ISBN scanner feature requires a device with an auto-focus camera (e.g. iPhone 3GS or newer, iPad 3 or newer) for native camera support. If you have a fixed-focus device (e.g. iPad 2) we use a companion app for scanning that will be seamless to you. We will walk you through it when you launch the scanner.
This app also requires internet connectivity (e.g. WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE) to communicate with our back end service to bring you the great features of this app.
What's New in Version 3.0.1
‣ Squashed some bugs from our last update.
‣ Cloud Syncing! Easily access all of your data across iOS devices.
‣ Cloud Backup! We now backup your data on a daily basis so in the event of you losing your device or getting a new one, you can easily restore your data to a new device.
‣ User Accounts - to support cloud syncing and backup, we now require all users to create an account. Already have a teacher account? You are good to go and will just need to log in. Don't have an account yet? Tap the register button to get started in 1-2 minutes.
‣ Have a large library? Please be patient while it is transferred to the cloud. The initial sync process for most users should be only 5-10 seconds.
‣ iOS 9 support
Missing Key Features
Maybe there are better apps out there for a class from collections? This one is missing all of the things that everyone else has noted- print, export, etc. There also doesn't seem to be a way to combine libraries or move/copy a book from one library to another. Scanning ISBN numbers didn't work very well. Often it either couldn't find that ISBN or when it did, that particular version didn't have any levels listed. Searching the title work a bit better since the same title has multiple ISBNs and I was able to click around and sometimes found a one with a level. But, many titles have no levels under any ISBN. I had to spend a lot of time on Scholastic's and AR's site to find levels, and come back to this app to save the book to a library, based on levels. All of the extra research made cataloging hundreds of books a very, very long process. I also posted a question on their FB page, but it looks like it takes over a week to get an answer, so I'm still waiting.
Great but missing features
I got this app to catalog books for a teacher. It was a bit of work but I was able to catalog about 300 books in a couple of days. Unfortunately there is no export function so I had to use OCR to retrieve the titles and retype isbns to make a spreadsheet (an export function would go a long way) and look all over the Internet for GR levels. The app has GR levels but sometimes the book is leveled under one isbn but not leveled under another isbn. In the end I used my spreadsheet to print barcode/level stickers for the books so now it is easy to check books in and out. The problem is, there is no history of check-outs, so the teacher can control currently checked books but not who read what - a big flaw.
We love this app because it levels books and catalogs them at the same time, which obviously saves some time for us because we need both functions. But we would say there were some incorrect F&P levels, so just be careful of that. We had to cross-reference about 15% of books with another source. And most of those showed the incorrect level in the Level It app. The scanning feature worked fabulously and made it so easy. We would definitely recommend this app to those that need leveling and cataloging, just keeping in mind that some of the levels may be off.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 14, 2015
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 5.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: KTL Mobile Apps LLC
- © 2016 KTL Mobile Apps LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Font and Theme Pack$0.99