Level Me Up HD!
By Razeware LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Level Me Up makes your real life as fun as a RPG! List the skills you're learning in your own personal character sheet, gain experience, and level up over time!
★★★★★ "This app has motivated me to keep practicing what I do with the style of a video game RPG! If you want an app that will keep you on track with what you love to do, buy this app and start leveling up!"
★★★★★ "There is, quite literally (although maybe with the exception of "Doodle Jump") no other app on my phone that I find more fun than this one. Track your life like a roleplaying game character. Could it get any better?"
Remember Thomas Edison's advice, "Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration", and start leveling up today!
What's New in Version 1.9
* Fix to a crash issue that could occur by tapping the custom image button in certain situations.
* Fix to the custom image popup not appearing in the correct position when scrolling through the icon list.
Thanks for all of your support! Stay tuned for future updates!
Concept: You list your goals and track the time you invest in them. The app then monitors your progress and awards you new rankings (levels) as you progress. The principle at work here is that the time you invest is directly correlated to your level of expertise or mastery, whether it be at jogging, yoga, meditation, writing, reading, brushing your teeth, flipping coins, painting, drawing, studying, playing sports, or reading App reviews.
Pros: you get constant positive feedback about your activity and progress which may inspire you to keep going.
Cons: You have to be diligent about entering your time for each activity on a regular basis or it ceases to be meaningful. The interface is clunky and not always intuitive... or not always quite right for a particular activity. Needs more customization features. In particular, it makes a loud, obnoxious clang when you reach a new rank... and currently this cannot be turned off or adjusted. Finally, amount of time invested does not always correlate to skill achieved.
Overall: its a great idea that is not quite well done.
Love the Concept, But Needs TLC
I really like the concept and used it a lot when I first got it. Then I started to get frustrated at a few things. If these developers loved us they would:
1) Fix the bug that currently will not allow you to name your skill! (Yes, that one is a big one)
2) I get really annoyed that once I start a timer and forget to stop it, there is no turning back! How can I accurately track my time if I start to meditate, forget to stop the timer, then a week later go to start the timer again and there is 193 hours on there that I am not able to modify? It just makes me want to stop using it since it is so inaccurate why bother.
3) Also the timer needs to be available to be modified if you forget to start the timer and want to add the hour of the skill you just completed.
4) It's great you guys added more icons, but how about quality and quantity. Do we really need eight dog icons? Seems there are a lot of repetitive ones that could be consolidated and some more variety added.
Fix these (or at least my top three) and I'll add another star at least to my rating.
The Real Game of Life
I found this completely on accident, absolutely love the idea of turning life into a sort of RPG! I use it for the iPod and so far I only have a couple complaints- mostly about the user interface, nothing major that a few tweaks couldn't rectify!
1. When placing notes for skill progression, instead of showing the full note, only a small part of the note is shown and attempting to read said note results in editing the note, not really giving the ability to really read and learn from previous experiences.
2. I've seen it from a couple other people, but the skills could use an updated approach to organization. Parent skills should branch into their Child Skills. If a skill is already the child of another, it cannot become the parent of other skills that may fall under that skill.
Improved organization and presentation is the only thing I'd love to see done for this app, and I fully plan to continue use this app and level myself up!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 30, 2010
- Version: 1.9
- Size: 9.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Razeware LLC
- © 2010 Razeware LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.