Level Me Up makes your real life as fun as a RPG! List the skills you're learning in your own personal character sheet, gain experience, and level up over time!
★★★★★ "This app has motivated me to keep practicing what I do with the style of a video game RPG! If you want an app that will keep you on track with what you love to do, buy this app and start leveling up!"
★★★★★ "There is, quite literally (although maybe with the exception of "Doodle Jump") no other app on my phone that I find more fun than this one. Track your life like a roleplaying game character. Could it get any better?"
Remember Thomas Edison's advice, "Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration", and start leveling up today!
* Fix to a crash issue that could occur by tapping the custom image button in certain situations.
* Fix to the custom image popup not appearing in the correct position when scrolling through the icon list.
Thanks for all of your support! Stay tuned for future updates!
Ratings and Reviews
Love the app, hate the noise
This is currently among my most-used apps. If you're at all into RPGs, especially MMOs, buy this app!
The free one is a nice example of how it works, but doesn't save your progress when you upgrade. :( Besides, in no time at all I wanted to keep on adding skills; the full version gives you infinite room, but the free one only has three.
I'm also irritated by the (extremely loud!) noises that go off whenever you log hours or increase your level, & there's no way to turn the volume down. I just turn my phone itself on silent whenever I'm close up level or logging more time, but it's really inconvenient. I would give it five stars if they fixed this!
I'm currently using it as motivation to exercise, and see how far my studies have gotten me - try it for yourself!
Good Idea but Buggy
I really like this app. The idea is great. However, my first time trying the app, it crashed. It freezes whenever I try to "tap to set picture." As long as I don't try to set the picture, things mostly work as I think they should. Whenever I re-open the app, it automatically is open to one of my skills, not the list of all the skills. It's not too bothersome to press the back button, but it's not very efficient.
I really hope some of the bugs get fixed in future updates. It's otherwise a great app.
Update (March 13, 2015):
I have used the timer before, but only for short periods. This time, I had about 3 hours completed and the timer froze the app, not allowing me to tap on anything. I closed the app and made sure it wasn't running in the background, but each time I opened it, the timer was still running and the app was otherwise frozen. Since it was totally frozen and unusable, I tried to delete and reinstall the app. It's not frozen anymore, but I lost all my data. My previously mentioned bugs are still there.
Luckily, I've only had the app for a short time and hadn't accumulated so much data. However, I will pass on using this app until it improves.
Love the Concept, But Needs TLC
I really like the concept and used it a lot when I first got it. Then I started to get frustrated at a few things. If these developers loved us they would:
1) Fix the bug that currently will not allow you to name your skill! (Yes, that one is a big one)
2) I get really annoyed that once I start a timer and forget to stop it, there is no turning back! How can I accurately track my time if I start to meditate, forget to stop the timer, then a week later go to start the timer again and there is 193 hours on there that I am not able to modify? It just makes me want to stop using it since it is so inaccurate why bother.
3) Also the timer needs to be available to be modified if you forget to start the timer and want to add the hour of the skill you just completed.
4) It's great you guys added more icons, but how about quality and quantity. Do we really need eight dog icons? Seems there are a lot of repetitive ones that could be consolidated and some more variety added.
Fix these (or at least my top three) and I'll add another star at least to my rating.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.