Level Money: Spend Confidently and Achieve Balance
By Level Money, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Level Money 3.0. Level’s award-winning free iOS personal finance app is a simple tool to automatically analyze your financial picture. Powered by Capital One, over one million people trust Level to track their money, simply and effortlessly.
GET A PERSONAL SPENDING GUIDE
See what you can safely spend
* Know what you can spend once your essentials, like bills, are accounted for
* Adjust your Spendable at any time to accommodate spending fluctuations
* Use a daily spending guide to stay on track
CREATE YOUR OWN TRACKERS
See the spending that matters to you
* Keep tabs on your unique spending habits
* Track and group your spending habits by providing example transactions
* Level automatically tracks spending from similar transactions
* Compare your month-over-month spending and history
GET INSIGHTS IN YOUR FINANCIAL FEED
No more surprises
* Browse transactions from all your bank accounts and credit cards in a single feed
* See big ticket purchases, and irregular deviations in your bills or income.
* View recent activity against your tracked spending
* Edit a transaction’s name, amount, or add it to a Tracker
SEE WHAT’S COMING UP
Stay one step ahead
* Predictions for your combined balances and spending over the month
SAFELY VIEW YOUR BANKS AND CREDIT CARDS
* Access over 18,000 US-based financial institutions
* Connect all your financial accounts safely and securely
BE CONFIDENT WITH MULTI-LAYER SECURITY
* Know that Level is read-only with no direct access to your money; funds remain safely in your account
* Rest assured with Level’s 128-Bit SSL and AES encryption
* Receive verified security by Intuit and McAfee
HEAR WHAT OTHER SAY
* 2015 Forbes FinTech 50
* 2014 Webby Award Honoree
* 2014 Appy Awards Winner
* CNBC “Best Financial Apps of 2014”
* Business Insider “The Hottest Startups to Watch for in 2014”
* And many more
ACCESS FINANCIAL RESOURCES
* Read our blog at http://www.blog.levelmoney.com
* Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/levelmoney
* Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/levelmoney
What's New in Version 3.0.7
Was great, but now not so much
I've been using this app for about two years now. I used to love it and rely on it, but with each update, I've been having more and more problems. The monthly spendable is no longer accurate due to duplicate bills and incomes.
The spendable setup process also seems to have changed. I'm not sure if it's due to my income not importing properly I to the setup process, but my spendable was $1300 with savings of $1000, but after I opened the setup process (and before making any changes), my monthly savings changes to only $679. This shouldn't be right, because my average income is higher than last time I adjusted my spendable.
Overall it's just gotten harder to use. Every time I want to review my transactions or adjust my settings, I run into strange inconsistencies. Whether these are actual bugs or just user unfriendliness, I no longer have time to puzzle out the problems. I probably won't be using this app anymore.
Not user friendly
I loved this app, until i really tried to use it. You can't mark things as being part of a bill easily (the app will just ignore it, unless it is done when you first create an account. So whenever you have to edit a bill for any reason you must delete your account and start over). The website doesn't allow you to edit anything either. So you have to do all editing on your phone which as I've already stated doesn't work. The app isn't smart enough to adjust to anything, like my internet bill went up $20 it hasn't adjusted that price or what I have due each month. My car loan switched companies, but it won't accept a bill from two different sources as the same bill, but I can't add a new bill because I don't want to delete my account again. It looks great and if the huge glitches are fixed it might be worth something.
So much easier than dividing up into categories
I've tried other budgeting apps, some that have you enter every transaction, others that make you divide up your spending into different categories ahead of time. Those didn't work for me. Level is so easy! Set your income, bills, and amount you want to save each month, then all you have to do is stay under your daily limit. The app makes it easy to keep your spending down as you watch your daily limit grow towards the end of the month. It's a little confusing how credit card payments are technically transfers. I wish that had been explained better but once you know that you're good to go.