LG TV Remote
By LG Electronics, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This application is compatible only with LG Smart TVs which are released in 2012 or later. If you own a LG Smart TV released in 2011 or before, please use the “LG TV Remote 2011” application.
You can use LG TV Remote after pairing your TV and mobile devices through the same WiFi network.
The Mini TV feature might not be available for certain channels due to provision of contents under copy protection regulations.
LM9600, LM9500, LM9400, LM8600, LMG860, LM76XX,
LM67XX, LM66XX, LM64XX, LM6300, LM62XX, LM6100,
LM5900, LS5800, LS57XX, PA6900, PA4700 Series
LA9700, LA9600, LA8800, LA86XX, LA7900, LA74XX,
LA7100, LA69XX, LA6800, LA66XX, LA6500, LA64XX,
LA62XX, LN61XX, LN57XX, LN570B, PH67XX, PH6600,
PN6700, PN5700, PH4700, PN4700 Series
LB57XX, LB58XX, LB49xx,
UB80XX, UB82XX, UB83XX, UB92XX
LB49XX, LB57XX, LB58XX, LB61XX
PB65XX, PB66XX, PB69XX
- MiniTV : Continuously watching live channels on your mobile device.
* Mini TV feature might not be available to certain smart mobile devices.
* Mini TV feature only supports DTV, ATV, AV/SCART & COMP.
- Hot keys for volume/channel control, input list and channel list.
- Mini Home : Access to premium Content Providers and MyApps service directly .
- Touch Pad : Control LG Smart TV on screen pointer(like magic remote) using touch pad.
- SmartText : Easy text input via smartphone. (Typing will be limited in some environments)
- QuickMemo: Instantly captures TV screen, so you can add comments, drawings, humor.
The below features are supported only in 2013 TV models.
- Unified search: Searching for smart TV contents (like CP and Youtube contents) with keyword
- Smartshare: Media files (listed from Smartshare on TV) are listed on mobile device and executed on TV as being chosen.
- ON NOW: What's on right now that you might enjoy? On Now recommends programs suited to your personal tastes, based upon your pre-selections.
What's New in Version 5.3.2
- iOS 9 support
- Solve the problem of 2nd Screen did not appear in some cases after iOS 9 update.
- Bug fixes
We basically use this for volume control and to change inputs, and even those simple tasks were a bit difficult to do quickly and easily. The app constantly has to reconnect to same the wifi network the TV is on. If you switch to another app for even a second, you'll have to reconnect again. It frequently has to re-scan to find the TV. As of mid-December 2015, the app simply stopped working, though nothing has changed in our home. It no longer can find the TV (and we've reset everything imaginable to no avail). Big I could connect to the TV again, I would give it 2 or 3 stars.
Could use some work
I use this app only to control my tv. I love the convenience of the app, but on my iPhone 6s Plus, it glitches terribly (looses connection to tv, takes forever to connect to tv). I've had an issue when I use the scroll bar on the touch pad and it somehow scrolls the entire screen of the app down and displays black above it. I do not like the recent update that changed how you click. It was easier to tap the screen and not have to hit the "grab" button in the bottom left of the screen after each selection.
I'm able to turn my tv on and off using an application called " SmartGlass " made by Microsoft intended to be use with Xbox one . Now you guys don't even offer that option in the app . They basically have more rights over your own product
How a third party console (Xbox One ) has privileges that the manufacture ( LG ) doesn't offer for their own product ( Smart Tv Remote ) ?
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 06, 2015
- Version: 5.3.2
- Size: 21.1 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Arabic, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Kurdish, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Uzbek, Vietnamese
- Seller: LG Electronics
- © LG Electronics, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.