Meet Libby. Did you know your local library has thousands of ebooks and audiobooks? You can borrow them, instantly, for free, using just the device in your hand.
1. Fish out your library card
2. Open the Libby app
3. Find your local library
4. Search, sample, borrow, enjoy
It takes just a few taps to find and borrow a book. Libby has a ground-breaking built-in ebook reader, and a beautiful audiobook player. If you prefer, you can send books to your Kindle for reading.
• Sign in to multiple libraries, with one or more library cards
• Stay signed in for as long as you like
• Download books and audiobooks for offline reading, or stream them to save space
• Sample any book with a tap — nothing to download or delete
• Try a zoomable graphic novel, or a picture book with readalong audio
• All your holds and loans are consolidated on a single shelf
• Tag titles as read, loved, hated, wishlist, schoolbook, beach-reading, whatever you like
• Your loans, holds, reading positions, bookmarks and notes are synchronized automatically across all your devices
• Keep track of your reading history in the Activity tab
Libby is the brand new app from OverDrive Labs. We're trying to simplify and bring joy to every aspect of digital borrowing and reading. If you love it, you can use it instead of the OverDrive app. If you don't love it yet, feel free to keep using the OverDrive app, but check in on Libby from time to time — we're adding features and squashing bugs every day.
We've worked hard on some behind-the-scenes things in this release. Notable improvements include:
* Library card verification is fully built-in to the app — signing into your cards is much clearer and easier now.
* We've addressed a theoretical loophole where WiFi-only downloads might have continued on a cellular connection.
* Launching the app is smoother and a tiny bit faster.
* Several causes of audio playback errors (where an exclamation mark is shown in the play button) have been fixed.
* The home bar is hidden while reading books (iPhone X/XS/XR).
* We've fixed some problems with resuming downloads in iOS 12.
Ratings and Reviews
More ways to search
Overall I love this app.
Love that I can listen to an audiobook instead of having to sit and read it. I don’t have time for that as I am a mother of an 8 year old, a 6 year old and a 5 month old.
This way I can listen while driving, while nursing, cleaning, while cooking, etc.
One change I would like to see happen. I wish I could search for a book by genre. For example - fiction, or autobiography, etc. or even by rating. Like 5 star books first.
Lastly, I was trying to figure out how to rate a book I just completed myself by cousin time figure it out.
Thanks, Libby. You make everyday chores much more entertaining.
Same as Overdrive but fewer features
I can’t recommend books from Libby, I can from Overdrive.
Would also like for books to synchronize between devices.
Effortless & elegant! Surpassed my expectations
Effortless and elegant! Quickly surpassed my expectations for a library lending app compatible with Kindle. Truly, no charge to download, only a WiFi or 3G connectivity. Borrow titles for up to 21 days, and renew consecutively when applicable.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.