License Plate Game
By SOME Studio, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bored in the car during long road trips? Try The License Plate Game to keep everyone entertained. Search for license plates from each US state and this app will help you keep track of the states found and the states remaining. It's great fun for the kids.
Also fun to play around town! Use this app to keep track of plates on an ongoing basis. Always be on the lookout for the plates you're missing.
- Pictures of all 50 US state license plates and Washington D.C.
- Shows your current distance from the capital of each state on location aware devices. (straight line distance, not driving distance)
- License plates fly down the road as you scroll through them. Tap the state to mark it found.
- Jump right to the state you just saw using the letter index bar.
- Home screen icon shows how many states you've found or how many are remaining, your choice.
- To help find the remaining plates you can choose to hide all the plates found.
- You really need to see this app in action to appreciate it. Go to http://apps.lilius.com/ for a demo video.
What's New in Version 1.5
Minor bug fixes.
I guess I'm nostalgic because I really like looking for license plates likes on car trips. The app works really well I just wish I would not have bought in haste because I really think that the Canadian provinces should have been included.
Good, but could be improved
We like the iPad version of this, but don't always have our iPad with us. Wish there was a way to sync found plates between devices. Would love a map view on the iPhone version and would love other plates.
Thought this might be fun while traveling interstate, but there's nothing of lasting interest here. Hoped there might be interesting facts about each state, etc. for a 99 cent app. Kids might enjoy scrolling for plates.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Apr 26, 2012
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 3.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: SOME Studio, LLC
- © 2014 SOME Studio
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.