Lichtman's Atlas of Hematology provides access to more than 2,000 images that are characteristic of a wide array of hematologic disorders. This atlas is an extensive presentation of blood, marrow, lymph node, spleen, and other organ pathology that would simply be too costly to be included in the print version of any text. The images are organized in an efficient way that facilitates search and ease of use.
• Covers every nonmalignant hematologic disease and is a comprehensive collection of more than 2,000 images.
• Contains sections on flow cytometry patterns, immunostaining, external manifestations, anomalies, skin conditions, blood cells and marrow.
• Multiple examples of major diseases and their variations, from patient to patient. You will not only find multiple, but varied examples of the same type of benign, malignant, and hematologic disease.
• Helps with the accuracy of diagnosis.
• Supplementary educational content for pediatric and adult hematologists.
• Helps to teach hematology and pathology fellows morphology.
This app is optimized for whatever size device you are using, either phone or tablet. You don't need the Internet or cellular data to view the app. Once you have purchased the app, the full content is downloaded onto your device so that everything from viewing images to searching is lightning fast and available wherever you are.
This app is easy to navigate, allowing you to browse the contents or search the text. The powerful search engine allows you to find what you are looking for in seconds. The search tool also shows you suggested words as you type so it is quick and helps with spelling medical terms. Images can be viewed full screen so that you can zoom and pan to get a closer look. You can create bookmarks and notes, allowing you to learn and memorize the material with great speed and efficiency. You can also change the text size for easier reading.
Check out www.usatinemedia.com to learn more and watch a video demo of this app.
This interactive app is based on the full content of Lichtman's Atlas of Hematology by McGraw-Hill Education.
Marshall A. Lichtman, MD, Professor of Medicine and of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Rochester Medical Center, School of Medicine and Dentistry,Rochester, New York
Nancy Wang, PhD, Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, School of Medicine and Dentistry
Jean A. Shafer, MS, Assistant Professor of Medicine and Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York (Retired)
Disclaimer: This app is intended for the education of healthcare professionals and not as a diagnostic and treatment reference for the general population.
Developed by Usatine Media, LLC
Richard P. Usatine, MD, Co-President, Professor of Family & Community Medicine, Professor of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
Peter Erickson, Co-President, Lead Software Developer
Ratings and Reviews
This is amazing!
I love it. I'm prepping for AP/CP boards and this is useful.
Suggestion, is there a way to add a quiz or review feature that displays an image, and then when you're ready, you can click answer and it displays the information.
- Usatine Media LLC
- 421.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Usatine Media LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.