By Llamagraphics, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Chances are, you spin your wheels on stuff that doesn't matter to you more than you would like to admit. Maybe you are exhausted and stressed out from work. You spend too little time with friends and family, having fun. Your to do list is more of an enemy than a friend, filled other people’s priorities. You think, if only I worked harder, I could accomplish important life goals. That strategy does not work over the long haul.
Life Balance offers a more relaxed approach to getting things done. Influenced by psychological research on happiness and by our own struggles to keep it together when life gets crazy, we developed a time management software that is guided by your dreams. It helps you ensure that your daily routine really serves your long-term goals.
Take your dreams seriously and avoid burnout and stress. Download Life Balance and let it gently guide you to the serene, organized and productive life you want. Life Balance users are accomplished at work, engaged in their social life and community, and still have time to pursue a hobby or interest. You probably know and admire some of these people. With Life Balance, you now can become one of them.
• Outline with section drill down, rearranges easily
• Task list responds to changing priorities on the fly
• WIFI sync to iOS version (sold separately)
• Pie chart feedback
• Filter using places with scheduled hours
• Optionally syncs with iCal (does not yet support new MobileMe calendars)
What's New in Version 5.6
Fixes a bug in 5.5 that could delete a Life Balance document when the application is relaunched.
Feel like I wasted my money
I like the concept behind the app, but its not user friendly at all. I spent more than 30 minutes trying to get it to add events for today to my “To Do List”, the event just stays in the outline.
Certain due dates show up as more important (i assume thats what green red and yellow mean) when they should when they should be less important and vise versa.
There is a 10,000 word manual (called “table of contents”) that details how to use it, but even that can’t be used because bits and pieces of the manual only apply to the older version, making it even more complicated to figure out.
I would change my rating if the app was more user friendly and included a quick & easy to understand video that details how to use it
addicted to this app for 20 yrs
I am addicted because
1) I have been using Life Balance by Llamagraphics for at least 20 years and have never outgrown it.
2) Easy to change major goals and life directions on the fly - on my iPhone on a 5 min break at work.
3) I love the feedback in the pie chart (is achieving this goal taking more/less effort than I thought?) I'm learning about my personal planning process and my values from this feature.
4) Easily save my entire database to an archive file for my 6 mos review of my piechart, contexts (places), goals, tasks
5) Using this software has taught me to really think about my goals and efforts, etc not just throw ideas down and yell at myself for not crossing things off faster.
User Friendly, Helpful for My Needs
Easy to use. Like ability to break tasks into smaller tasks as needed. Like Colors. Wish it was a little cheaper, but I'm happy with my purchase.