**Supported Devices: iPhone 6, iPad 5 (2017), iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 4 or newer devices. iPod Touches are not supported**
Life Is Strange is a five part episodic game that sets out to revolutionize story-based choice and consequence games by allowing the player to rewind time and affect the past, present, and future.
Follow the story of Max Caulfield, a photography senior who discovers she can rewind time while saving her best friend Chloe Price.
The pair soon find themselves investigating the mysterious disappearance of fellow student Rachel Amber, uncovering a dark side to life in Arcadia Bay. Meanwhile, Max must quickly learn that changing the past can sometimes lead to a devastating future.
- A beautifully written modern adventure game;
- Rewind time to change the course of events;
- Multiple endings depending on the choices you make;
- Striking, hand-painted visuals;
- Distinct, licensed indie soundtrack featuring Alt-J, Foals, Angus & Julia Stone, Jose Gonzales and more.
Exclusively on mobile, the game comes with Life is Strange iMessage stickers. Additionally, you can seamlessly share your progress on social media, and compare your own story choices with friends. An all-new photo mode allows you to take pictures like never before, modify them with filters and easily share them.
** Reviews and Accolades **
Life is Strange, People's Choice Award winner at the International Mobile Game Awards 2018
Mac Game of the Year, United States
5/5 "A must-have." - The Examiner
5/5 "Something truly special." - International Business Times
"One of the best games I've played in years." - Forbes
10/10 "An impressive coming of age story." - Darkzero
Life is Strange, Game Artist Award winner at the International Mobile Game Awards 2018
8/10 "Rare and precious." - Edge
8.5/10 "OUTSTANDING." - GameInformer
90% "Dontnod have clearly put a lot of effort into the little details and it’s worth your time paying attention to their work." – Siliconera
8.5/10 “The climax of Episode Two is one of the most compelling — and devastating — things I’ve ever experienced in a game, because it’s so real, so understandable. Dontnod nails it.” – Polygon
4.5/5 "life is strange has me hooked" - HardcoreGamer
8/10 ".…has the potential to outdo both Telltale Games and Quantic Dream." - Metro
* Fixed issues with localization
* Other various bug fixes and improvements
Thank you for playing Life is Strange! Let us know what you like and what we can do even better at forums.eu.square-enix.com, on the Life is Strange Facebook page or Twitter or at support.eu.square-enix.com.
Ratings and Reviews
The fragility and fear of growing up. The terror of leaping into the unknown. Life is Strange tackles tough issues in a remarkable way, merging the superpowered and surreal with characters that feel authentic. You’re drawn into the adventure through gorgeous visuals. Sharp writing, excellent voice acting, and a compelling story make solving Life is Strange’s mysteries feel essential.
Almost Perfect... Almost
This game is beautifully written and put together in a very good way. So far, I’ve only played episode 1, and I’ve had no technical issues or glitches. The character development is perfect, and the visuals and story are breathtaking. I love how your decisions affect the game, and even the music is great. The game is overall amazing, and I plan to buy the whole thing on PC if that’s possible. So why is this a three star rating?
The game is filled with so many curse words and vulgar speech that I can hardly breathe. Maybe saying stuff like that is more “normal”, or “in style”, but some people don’t want to hear that garbage. You lose more players from putting it in there than if not, so why do it in the first place? If there was even an option to turn of the strong and pretty much constant foul language, the game would be, by all means, perfect.
It almost hurts not to give such an amazing game a five star rating, but I just can’t stand that gaming companies are always making stupid decisions like these. Could you be bothered to add an option to turn it off? Other games pull it off. Pretty sure you could too if you cared.
(Not that you’re ever going to read this review, given that this game is made by big-name companies and typically they don’t want to/don’t have time to read the reviews, but I decided it would be a fair warning to anybody who wants to get this game.)
At first, the ads for this game made it seem like the main character, Max, was a male, so I’d skip it, and move on. But as a was looking for new games to play I came across it again, and decided to play it, you know, give it a shot. I was immediately obsessed! I couldn’t stop playing! The characters’ stories are put so perfectly, and it’s so clear to see the relationship status as the story goes on between all of the characters including Victoria. I was so sad when I finished the first episode, but my dad knew how much I liked it, and let me buy the rest of the episodes. The story line was perfect, the detail was perfect, the one thing that annoyed me a teenie bit was that the hair didn’t move. It could be wet, it just didn’t move. I think the first episode of Life Is Strange 2 comes out today, and I am so pumped!! I was literally in tears when I finished the game.
If you don’t want to read the whole thing, come here! It’s an incredible game, and I wish I’d had it sooner than I did! It’s just the game I was looking for.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- SQUARE ENIX Ltd
- 964.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- LIFE IS STRANGE © 2015, 2017, 2018 SQUARE ENIX LIMITED. All rights reserved. Developed by Black Wing Foundation. Produced by Turn Me Up Games, Inc. Published by SQUARE ENIX LIMITED.
- In-App Purchases
- Season Pass [Episodes 2-5] $8.99
- Épisode 2 $0.99
- Season Pass [Episodes 3-5] $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.