The Lifeclock One is an officially licensed, supercharged version of Snake Plissken’s countdown watch from Escape from New York.
In John Carpenter's famous masterpiece, Escape from New York, Snake Plissken (Kurt Russell), has 24 hours to rescue the President from the country's largest prison — New York City. The United States Police Force gives Snake a two-way radio, a position locator and a countdown watch. The Lifeclock One is a fully licensed reboot of that watch but with a twist — it's a countdown timer of course, but it also comes packed with tons of additional features. Here's a preview of just a few:
TIME AND DATE: See the time in either 12 or 24 hour mode, five different date formats and up to 6 world clocks. You can check the time simply by pressing one of the side buttons, or have the Lifeclock One fire up every few minutes and do it for you - guaranteed to attract attention.
NOTIFICATIONS: See incoming calls, texts and notifications from your favorite apps right there on the cool, vibrant and retro LED screen. The Lifeclock One will also vibrate and beep when a notification arrives.
COUNTDOWN: Yes it counts down - just like the movie.
COMPASS: Get your bearings instantly with a built in compass.
CAMERA: Trigger your iPhone's camera to take the coolest selfies.
STOPWATCH: Counting down is what this watch was made for, but of course it can count up as well with a fully featured stopwatch.
ALARMS: Up to 6 custom alarms to notify you at any time of the day.
ANIMATIONS: Who would have thought you could animated an LED screen? Choose from a combination of appearance and character animations to completely customize the way you experience the Lifeclock One.
STEP COUNTING: Count the number of steps you're taking every day. All step counting is stored on your iPhone and easy to send and share with third party services. We don't store any information such as step counting on any server anywhere.
SCROLL SPEED: Finely tune how fast those notifications come in and scroll across your wrist.
AND MUCH MORE: Learn more about the Lifeclock One as well as the different versions available at lifeclockone.com.
"Bob Hauk: Remember, once you're inside you're on your own.
Snake Plissken: Oh, you mean I can't count on you?
Bob Hauk: No.
Snake Plissken: Good."
A couple of new features in this build, along with some bug fixes.
- Alarm labels: Alarms will now display/scroll a custom label (up to 16 characters). For example: "CALL MOM", "SAVE PRESIDENT". These labels will scroll across your Lifeclock One now when the alarm goes off.
- High Vibe Mode: We had some requests for a stronger vibe experience. This option is now available on the main dashboard. When selected, vibration will be longer and more intense than previous vibe patterns.
- New 2 minute duration option: You know what happens when you set your Lifeclock One behavior to 'Every X minutes' - people start paying serious attention. You can now opt to have the display stay on for 2 minutes (the previous maximum value was 10 seconds). Please note: this optional *will* impact battery performance.
- Notifications should be working again.
NOTE: Once you've upgraded to this release (1.5.2) you will need to perform a firmware update to see these new features.
Ratings and Reviews
Does exactly what it says - makes the watch really shine. Nice UI.
- Ridgewood Watch Company, LLC
- 70 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Ridgewood Watch Co., ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK™ is a trademark of Studiocanal S.A.S. All Rights Reserved. © 2018 Studiocanal S.A.S. ® All Rights Reserved.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.