If you're after a Wi-Fi enabled smart light that can do it all, then say hello to LIFX. Not only does it pack a seriously impressive 16 million colors under the bulb, but it also sports adjustable soft whites, day & dusk automation, and a host of applications to light up your life.
There's more to light than on and off and you can do it all with LIFX. Change colors, whites and brightness from the palm of your hand. The LIFX app is packed full of features like:
- Grouping— Choose your lights and group them together for easy control
- Effects— Play with special effects like the music visualizer, candle flicker, strobe, color cycle & animations
- Custom color palettes— Add your favorite colors to a custom color palette
- Painting— Paint live onto your LIFX Z, Beam & Tile with touch paint
- Themes— Take advantage of our curated gallery of themes to create mood lighting
- Scenes— Pick specific lights with their colors and brightness to save for another time
- Schedules— Automate your light to fade on or off with any color or brightness over the perfect time to match your life
and so much more!
Fully connected, for your convenience.
With our Wi-Fi enabled lights, getting started is easier than ever, no extra hardware required. Along with our cloud and leading voice controls, the LIFX range means you'll hardly have to get off the couch, bed or barstool. Simply pair LIFX with Apple HomeKit, or any other smart voice assistant. Take the LIFX experience one step further with our Nest, SmartThings, Harmony, IFTTT integrations and more! Check them all out at lifx.com.
Stay in touch.
Need a helping hand, or want to offer us some advice? We would love to hear from you about your LIFX experience, you can reach us at email@example.com.
LIFX lights are available anytime at lifx.com
- Your creations in paint mode can now be quickly saved as a Scene
- Individual zones can now be turned off in paint mode for Multi-Zone lights
- Added Siri Shortcut support for applying a Scene over a duration, and turning a light on/off over a duration, and enabling/disabling a Schedule
- Long press on the power button in the light detail screen now lets you fade off over a duration
- Added 'Fast Transition' option to some effects, to allow for more dramatic color changes
Ratings and Reviews
It works, and I never had any problems with it. I do like the selection of scenes but it feels like I should have much more from you or a community to choose from. Also, after using schedules for a while I hope for a feature to somehow turn on the lights when someone who comes in proximity of the home that has the app installed.
Other than that, keep rocking it with the lights and app. Keep it consistently updated with new stuff. Thanks! 4/5
Update: I have changed my 4/5 to 5/5. Just because of homekit, thank you! The best decision you have made, just wish it included the Z strip.. You came out with the Z strip upon mentioning homekit was in development. Still, you are constantly updating and keeping with the lights so props to you! Now I can quickly access lighting options if I need to and have the lights turn off and on according to location. Best update! Looking forward to more in the future.
Well done, but Just a thought.
Your lights may have a major issue. My wi fi modem was switched out a few days ago but I still noticed that its name & signal we’re still available. Earlier today my connection got lost for a few minutes but when it came back to, the wi fi name and password were changed to the proper titles. My lights however did not come back, I believe they’ve been placed in an infinitely loops of trying to reconnect to my previous WiFi modem. Is there a way to hard reset them without them being connected? Nothing else has worked including removing them from the cloud(they can’t receive that signal to be removed...) what should one do in this predicament?
Update: Fixed it😁😅 flic the light on and off 5 times to hard reset. Great customer support👏🏾💯
No built in Location automation
I just got my LIFX lights, and the variety and depth of options on them are better than what I had before. Everything is faster and smoother, brighter, and simpler. Except one thing. The LIFX app isn’t capable of performing a function like, say, turning off my lights when I leave home - for those times I might forget. Instead, I still can make the lights do this, it just requires using IFTTT, allowing it access to my LIFX lights, allowing it access to my location, and making an “applet” using the format IF [Location - Leave a location] THEN [LIFX - Turn off home lights].
It isn’t a hard process, but it’s a snag in the process. It doesn’t give that “magic” feel when I have to set it up using more and more apps.
All said, I am happy with my lights, and I really like the system of degrees in the color wheel.
Other small features that are missing:
Better Shortcuts integration. I can’t seem to make a shortcut that fades my lights on or off. The only way I’ve found to do this is to use IFTTT with an IF [webhooks] THEN [LIFX].
I’d also like to be able to add more sections into the Day and Dusk section, instead of adding to Schedules. The handy visualizer is nice, but not representative when schedules are used.
- LIFI LABS MANAGEMENT PTY LTD
- 180.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © LiFi Labs Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.