Lightbow for Philips hue / LIFX / Belkin WeMo
By Peter Rapp
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Experience the highest quality & quantity of stunning animated presets, plus the most powerful editor to create your own!
(Full Editor included with purchase, Designer collections other than "Starter Pack" available as in-app purchases)
Take full advantage of Philips hue, LIFX, and Belkin WeMo, or control them all at once with presets, animations, groups, triggers, transitions, and more! Check www.lightbow.net/hardware to see which features are supported in your specific setup. From theater productions, to mood lighting in a restaurant, to everyday home living, Lightbow has something for everybody!
** Now available as a Universal Purchase! Buy Lightbow for iPhone or iPad, and download on your Apple TV for free (or vice versa). See Lightbow's description on the Apple TV App Store for more details on current functionality. **
- Combine custom multi-step animation loops, static colors, or ON/OFF/Brightness commands for any sets of lights or groups. Activate them all with a single tap.
- Light animations even run in the background (when you close the app, or hit the sleep button)
- Share presets with others in your household on your local WiFi network—no emails or passwords necessary!
- Give each preset a transition, such as crossfade, flashbulb, or fading through a specific color.
- Randomization ranges offer interesting variations on colors each time you activate a preset.
- Organize your Presets into Collections for greater flexibility and scalability.
- Activate any preset with countdown timers, alarms, events like opening/closing Lightbow, or even a shake of your phone.
- For hue tap owners, choose the colors and fade time that each button will trigger on your Philips lights.
- Watch your Philips and LIFX lights react to the touch of your Belkin WeMo Light Switch. (Requires Lightbow running in the foreground)
- Put your Philips or LIFX hardware into groups to control sets of lights together.
- Group lights by room, function, or anything else. Lights can be in multiple groups!
- Set a color on different models of lighting hardware, and Lightbow will automatically calibrate that color to match up where possible.
- From one simple screen, you can rename, reorder, and switch on or off any of your lights.
- Set the mood of a room with control over the hue, saturation, brightness, and color temperature of each bulb.
- Connect to a Philips bridge to control your Bloom, hue, hue lux, LightStrips, LivingColors, Iris, Aura, LivingWhites bulb, or even the LivingWhites wall plug.
- Use your Belkin WeMo Outlet, LightSwitch, or Insight hardware to turn any electrical device on or off, not just lights!
- Enjoy your LIFX bulbs using the same familiar interface. Lightbow will continue to add support for new lighting hardware as it is released.
You have the option to purchase "ALL ACCESS" from the "Featured" tab within the app, a $24.99(USD) annual subscription unlocking the entire back-catalog of 100+ animated presets, plus new additions each month! This represents significant cost savings over individual purchases. Check store for pricing in other currencies. App Store subscriptions are subject to the following terms and conditions:
-Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
-Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
-Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
-Subscriptions may be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase
-No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
-Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that item
Terms of Service: http://www.lightbow.net/tos
What's New in Version 2.6.4
- Travel the world from the comfort of home with the "Around the World" in-app purchase! Lightbow is your ticket to exotic destinations around the globe. Experience the sights, sounds, landscapes, and customs of each country, starting three presets each for Brazil, Germany, and Japan, with more to come. (Free for ALL ACCESS subscribers)
- Bug fix for a user experiencing issues with multiple bridges and large numbers of lights
- Bug fix for users not seeing presets from other devices on the local network, even when Preset Sharing is activated in the Settings tab.
You REALLY shouldn’t be reading this review...
Ever wonder why Lightbow’s App Store page usually says “not enough ratings to display an average”? That’s because each time a bug is fixed or a feature added, ratings and stars are reset. It’s crazy, but the more an app is updated, the more time App Store shoppers see a blank space in “Ratings and Reviews”. Potential users pass by and sales may dip, but it’s worth it. Every update adds something exciting or patches up something weak.
Lightbow is the most full-featured, action-packed lighting control software on iOS, for the widest variety of lighting hardware. Before you scroll down your search results because you see a blank space instead of little stars, check out the screenshots, website, or email/facebook directly with the developer.
Also? "Reviews are Broken." Many reviews on the App Store are fake/paid, or from the developer’s circle of friends who may not even use the app. Many are actually tech support questions, with no way for the developer to contact the user to address his or her concern. Lightbow can’t always meet your exact feature requirements or troubleshoot your specific hardware/networking problem, but an email or ZenDesk will make sure there's a chance!
Lightbow’s average time between updates is 3 weeks or less. If you support this “keep it fresh” development philosophy, consider leaving a star rating or review to help with the “blank space” problem. Thanks for reading!
BEST APP for Hue Lights!!!
I've tried them all, spent so many hours, and I always come back to Lightbow. For my needs, it makes the most logic sense, has the most flexibility, and is the most fun to play around with for hours and hours. Get those little wheels spinning and spinning. Seriously, this app is quality. Never crashes. Never messes up my bridge settings. You can be as crazy as you want with colors and steps and speed and frequency, start/stop, whatever, the programming seems to handle everything cleanly and safely. Unlike some apps where you hit stop and wait 3 minutes for the previous animation to finish. I am a very picky shopper and demanding when it comes to smart home apps and there are so many, trust me, this one is worth it. Will be in your top 2 guaranteed. I just paid for the $24.99 annual subscription to unlock all of the featured scenes and animations, but mostly because I want this guy to keep on developing this app. Good stuff!
I'd like to encourage some reviewers to spend a little bit of time with a new app before spewing out terrible ratings, trashing it when the solution to what they are complaining about is right there in the product. The interface here is something different to be sure, but take your time, click around, long press the wheels to duplicate them, add steps, change colors, transition effects, lengthen, shorten, manually assign lights to the effects you want or let the app assign automatically. He's provided a lot of flexibility for customization, creation, and experimentation.
Lightbow has plenty of great presets that you can just click and enjoy if that's all you're really looking for. Totally worth $5 in that regard. But if you also want to play around and build your own creations, you can do that too. Please don't trash an app for giving you the ability to create and customize just because all you really want is preset canned effects. Use the presets and ignore the configuration interface or spend a little time seeing what's behind every option. He's done a lot of good work here IMHO. Definitely tops in my book.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jan 12, 2017
- Version: 2.6.4
- Size: 83.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Peter Rapp
- © 2017 Peter William Rapp
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- S P A C E$3.99
- Every Day is Christmas!$3.99
- Winter Warmth$3.99
- Love is Everywhere$3.99
- Summer Fun$3.99
- We Love Fall$3.99
- Spring Garden$2.99