Imagine the App Store or Music Store, but for LIGHT. After five years and many great updates, Lightbow continues to provide the highest quality & quantity of stunning light shows, plus the most powerful editor to create your own! Put hundreds of lighting and sound environments at your fingertips...
(Full Editor included with your purchase, many designer collections other than "Starter Pack" available as in-app purchases)
Take full advantage of Philips hue, LIFX, and Belkin WeMo, or control them all at once with presets, animations, groups, triggers, transitions, and more! From theater productions, to mood lighting in a restaurant, to everyday home living, Lightbow has something for everybody!
** Buy Lightbow for iPhone or iPad, then download on your Apple TV for free (or vice versa). See Lightbow's description on the Apple TV App Store for more details on current functionality. Check www.lightbow.net/hardware to see which features are supported in your specific setup. **
- Combine custom multi-step animation loops, static colors, or ON/OFF/Brightness commands for any sets of lights or groups. Activate them all with a single tap.
- Light animations even run in the background (when you close the app, or hit the sleep button)
- Share presets with others in your household on your local WiFi network—no emails or passwords necessary!
- Give each preset a transition, such as crossfade, flashbulb, or fading through a specific color.
- Randomization ranges offer interesting variations on colors each time you activate a preset.
- Organize your Presets into Collections for greater flexibility and scalability.
- Activate any preset with Siri, countdown timers, alarms, events like opening/closing Lightbow, or even a shake of your phone.
- For hue tap owners, choose the colors and fade time that each button will trigger on your Philips lights.
- Put your Philips or LIFX hardware into groups to control sets of lights together.
- Group lights by room, function, or anything else. Lights can be in multiple groups!
- Set a color on different models of lighting hardware, and Lightbow will automatically calibrate that color to match up where possible.
- From one simple screen, you can rename, reorder, and switch on or off any of your lights.
- Set the mood of a room with control over the hue, saturation, brightness, and color temperature of each bulb.
- Use your Belkin WeMo Outlet, LightSwitch, or Insight hardware to turn any electrical device on or off, not just lights!
- Enjoy your LIFX bulbs using the same familiar interface. Lightbow will continue to add support for new lighting hardware as it is released.
You have the option to purchase "ALL ACCESS" from the "Featured" tab within the app, a $24.99(USD) annual subscription unlocking the entire back-catalog of 100+ animated presets, plus new additions each month! This represents significant cost savings over individual purchases. Check store for pricing in other currencies. App Store subscriptions are subject to the following terms and conditions:
-Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
-Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
-Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
-Subscriptions may be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase
-No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
-Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that item
Terms of Service: http://www.lightbow.net/tos
~~~ New "Science Fiction" pack (10 Presets) available for in-app purchase ~~~
Beam me up, Lightbow! This collection features all the futuristic flashes, bleeps, and bloops needed for at-home time travel, alien landscape exploration, dystopian atmosphere creation, and more! With nods to sci-fi classics and new creations alike, this pack is sure to blast your lightbulbs into the future.
Ratings and Reviews
Exactly What I Wanted
This app is everything I wanted it to be. I originally had an issue with a bug not allowing custom songs to be made and the developer responded with a fix in a few days. It takes some time to learn, but once you’ve practiced the custom preset maker is perfect for creating light shows that you can manually sync with music. I’ve used it to create a custom hockey San Jose Sharks goal song and I’ve recreated some scenes from Disneyland attractions with sound effects/lighting. I plan on doing so much more in the future.
Suggestion: preset playlists. These could be implemented into the “collections” feature and allow users to stay on a certain preset for a specific amount of time and then move to the next one. I realize this is already somewhat possible.. but you cannot set specific times for certain songs (only a blanket time for all songs) and you cannot limit it to just one collection on repeat.
Thanks for making this!
Issues with Lights, UI, Support and Price
First issue is lights. I turn off certain lights because I don't want the presets using them. The app turns them back on! It's like it looks at the bridge and says "That is the state of the light I'll use, instead of issuing them commands" If in the app I turn OFF a given light, even if someone turns ON that light via Alexa or Hue, the APP should IGNORE it, not go and use it. Ugh! Second, buying presets is terrible, because after you do there is NO interface for "Here is what you have purchased!" You literally have to go through each and EVERY preset button just to see what you have bought. If you buy say 2 or 3 but can't remember which ones you have to click them all tomfind what you bought! Third, some presets don't even work all the time. Fireworks works sometimes, othertimes it doesn't! I contacted support 4 weeks ago twice, no reply back. Finally, each pack is 5 bucks. If you want all the presets, it's flipp'in expensive! I DO like the sounds + lights but this whole app setup is just plain terrible.
Great App & Great Dev
Bought the app because I had bought a couple LIFX bulbs and wanted more options than what the LIFX app had to offer, and wouldn’t you know it the app couldn’t find my lights! Messaged the support email about it and in about a week there’s an update that completely fixed the issue! Apparently LIFX bulbs aren’t as easy to work with so I really appreciated how quickly the Dev fixed the issue. Once I was able to use the app I was definitely glad I picked it up because all the light scenes that you can get are really cool and unique and new ones are regularly coming out, and you can tell if you have the patience you can make some really cool scenes yourself. This will be the last app you’ll need for your smart light scene needs.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Peter Rapp
- 191.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Peter William Rapp
- In-App Purchases
- FIREWORKS (11 Presets) $3.99
- S P A C E (11 Presets) $3.99
- Christmas (16 Presets) $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.