By Clayton Combe
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Lighting Designer is a quick and intuitive way to create overhead lighting plots for film, theater, television, concerts, and anything else you can light! The wide selection of equipment and simple yet powerful interface makes it easier than ever to illustrate and communicate your lighting setups, all from a versatile mobile device. The iPad is a larger canvas and a great presentation tool; the iPhone will go with you anywhere. And if you like, your Plots will sync among all your iOS devices, so you can start plotting on one and finish on another.
Perfect for tech scouts, working while traveling, or just choosing the couch over your desk chair. While expensive drafting programs can take hours to use and years to master, Lighting Designer is an accessible way to plan your next show!
• Organize your setups into Shows, with details like shooting dates and crew members
• Choose from over 700 different types of lights, grip equipment, camera gear, actors, and objects like furniture and musical instruments
• For each light, specify wattage, lens, DMX address, and many other details
• Use Groups to create flexible collections of lights
• Notes allow you to describe every detail of your setup
• Add extra gear to the Truck, for a completely accurate equipment list for multiple Plots
• Draw a Floor Plan using basic shapes, including images from your device
• Lights can target other objects, and objects can rig onto each other for easy adjustments
• Email your Plots to the crew, with equipment and crew lists
• Post to Twitter or Facebook directly from the app
• Undo/Redo functionality
• iCloud sync
What's New in Version 3.1.2
Crash when tapping empty Groups row in Lift detail table
Crash when tapping Gels Position or Floating rows in Unit detail table
Possible crash when duplicating objects with rigged Gels