Lightning Timer 360
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Lightning Timer 360 is simple, fun, and easy to use. Press the button when you see lightning and again when you hear thunder. That's it. Lightning Timer 360 will calculate your distance from the lightning and display that on the map. If your iOS device has the built in compass, you can aim towards the lightning to narrow down lightning location.
- Easy to use and always ready for lightning and thunder.
- Easy to visualize lightning distance with map view.
- Easy to read history helps you keep track of lightning distance.
- Easy to use compass feature to establish lightning location.
Lightning Timer is fun an educational but please do not rely on this app for your safety. If you see lightning or hear thunder, you should take cover.
What's New in Version 1.1
Minor bug fixes.
Does what I wanted
I was sitting on my porch during a thunderstorm counting the seconds between the lightning flash and then estimating how far away the lightning was and I got the idea to search for an app and found this. It does what I wanted and adds the map overlays to show where the strike might possibly have been. Compass feature is pretty good -- it would be nice if you would just show only that portion of the circle. Good app.
Good for a free app, has adds
Leaves GPS running while open runs down battery. Since most users would be at a fixed location a one time GPS fix should be all that is needed. Could add an option for people who are on the move (in cars).
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jul 31, 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 2.6 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Patrick Brennan
- © Copyright 2011 Patrick Brennan
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.