A user friendly, feature packed time-lapse camera.
Lightspeed gives you complete control over the shutter speed and capture interval, enabling you to make the most creative time-lapses imaginable.
● Features a continuously adjustable capture interval from 60fps high speed video (iPhone 6 only) down to as slow as 5 minutes per frame.
● All of the timing and camera controls can be adjusted while the app is recording.
● 1080p HD movies are saved right to your camera roll.
● Manual focus and exposure controls.
● Watch each frame develop in real time.
● Superior low light shooting performance.
● As the cinematographer, take control of the amount of motion blur in your time lapse by adjusting the shutter angle to create light trails and silky smooth motion.
● Use super long exposures to virtually erase fast moving objects while still capturing the motion of shadows and other slower moving objects.
● Continuously adjust shooting parameters while recording to create fun effects and happy accidents.
● Film from a moving vehicle and capture a hyper-lapse of your travels.
● Film personal projects and watch them unfold at warp speed.
● Use Lightspeed on a second device for hands free control of the app via bluetooth!
● Use the built-in time-lapse calculator to determine how long it will take to film an event, and the duration of the final movie.
● Set Auto Start and Stop timers to capture events automatically.
● Lightspeed is capable of continuously filming for days at a time when connected to an external power source.
Lightspeed works by accumulating light in a manner similar to a motion picture film camera, where the shutter angle is adjusted to control how long each frame is exposed for in proportion to the capture interval. A 180° shutter is the typical setting used for motion pictures, and will give a natural cinematic look to your time-lapse movies no matter how fast or slow you choose to capture frames. Dial the shutter down to 1° degree to minimize motion blur for a traditional staccato feel, or ramp it all the way up to 360° degrees to create light trails and motion blur and give your videos a smooth, fluid look to them.
~ Lots of new features and optimizations for the iPhone6 and iOS8! ~
● Manual focus and exposure controls.
● Expanded filming speeds up to 60fps (iPhone6 and iPhone6 Plus only).
● Camera stabilization mode.
● Pinch to zoom control.
● Improved low light capabilities when filming at 5 second intervals or longer for superior light trails and filming at night.
● Pause Recording button.
● Stop Motion mode -- manually choose when to capture each frame.
● Lightspeed Time-lapse Stream -- view all of your filmed time-lapses from within the app.
● New Composition mode -- with grid overlay to assist with shot setup.
Fixed option view display issues on iPads.
If you enjoy filming time-lapses with Lightspeed please consider leaving a positive review or rating in the App Store, we would really appreciate it!
Ratings and Reviews
I really like this app. It offers much more exposure control than any other timelapse app that I've found, so it's perfect if you want to film lowlight/night time lapses.
I went outside and took a timelapse of the night sky. It came out so great and you could even see the stars moving. I would have never expected that my phone camera could capture the sky the way I actually see it with my eyes (only at a much faster speed).
I live very close to a major city and you could still clearly see stars moving. I'm going to go out when the sky is clear again and take another timelapse at an even longer exposure to try to capture even more stars. Also the video quality was great! I expected it to be grainy, but it was surprisingly clear.
I set the camera at 360 degrees at 30 second intervals for about an hour. Make sure the camera is completely still. I placed the phone camera-side up on top of my car.
The design of the app is a little wonky at first but once you get used to it, the design makes complete sense. I had to experiment a little bit until I found settings that worked for me (360 degrees 30 seconds).
It was the best
But it has not been updated in a long time; it does not save video under iOS 10.
Please fix it!
Simple UI and Quality Video
There's a bit of a learning curve at first, especially if you're a rookie to the photography game. Easy to operate and it runs smoothly on autopilot after you've set your desired exposure/duration. Really impressed with the video quality. The reason for a 4 star rating is because there are some areas for improvement such as a more informative manual to get the most out of the app, a share option straight from the app, ability to make minor edits to your clip such as clip trimming and basic video enhancements. Overall though, you wont be let down.
- 16 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 WaterSoft
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.