By Rivolu Pte Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
LightTrac is a must have tool for all outdoor photographers. Quickly determine at what time and location the light conditions are perfect to shoot your subjects outdoors. The elevation and angle of Sun changes throughout the year depending on the location, date as well as the time of day. LightTrac calculates both the elevation and angle of Sun and Moon for any date & time, for any place on earth and plots it on top of a satellite map. Armed with this information and with an extremely easy to use interface, you can now plan your photo shoot even several months ahead of time and position yourself at the right spot at the right time for that perfect shot.
Whether you are a nature or landscape photographer, a real-estate or architecture photographer, a wedding or sports photographer you will simply love what LightTrac has to offer.
LightTrac is an invaluable not just useful to photographers, but also to architects, real-estate buyers, solar panel owners/installers, gardeners, travelers or for any outdoor person interested in knowing any info about the Sun or the Moon.
• Universal app works on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• Scout for new locations using a map for the perfect sunlight angle or for a backdrop with a rising/setting moon
• Find Angle and Elevation of Sun for any location and time
• Find Angle and Elevation of Moon for any location and time
• Find Sunrise, Sunset and Twilight times for any day
• Find Moonrise, Moonset and Moon Phase for any day
• View exact date and time when Full moon, New moon, First quarter and Last quarter occurs
• View elevation chart and azimuth chart for Sun and Moon
• View the length of shadow for any elevation at any time
• Integrated compass view on the iPad
• Search locations by address, city or zipcode
• Save multiple locations and switch between them easily
• Use address book to pick locations from your contact's addresses
• Share your saved locations easily with fellow photographers via email
• Easily export your locations to KML file to view on other apps
• Does automatic timezone detection
• Available in English, German, French
What others say about LightTrac ?
"LightTrac is phenomenal"
– Adorama TV
"An amazing application. 5 stars out of 5"
"I rate things pretty hard but give this app a solid 4.5 out of 5 stars."
"A true blessing"
"Best money I've spent in a long time."
What's New in Version 2.3.4
Fixed search issue.
Great app. The developer listens and responds
This is a great app.
I like the elevation but what would be great would be a virtual shadow. (THEY DID IT!! Thank you)
Something that would show where and how long shadows would fall based on a given height of an object.
For example of your shoot is near a 30 foot building, how far would the shadow be? Then a photographer would know where and how long shadows would be. This is something that every photographer could use.
THE DEVELOPER DID EXACTLY THIS. THANK YOU!!
It could work like this:
Place pin like those placed on iPhone maps then define height of pin. Then pins shadow would change based on time of day and angle of sun.
Would be nice if the shadow could be shown on the map itself.
Needs Updating to be an Elite App
There are several apps that have the same functionality. If this app or any other wants to pull ahead then they need to offer more functionality. The three biggest areas I see for improvement are 1. Make the workflows more intuitive (cause when I use it, about once every 2-3 months, I don't remember the instructions and have to relearn it) 2. Create a way for me to organize my information in folders because I track a lot of different locations that I want to photograph. And 3. Allowing syncing between my devices with Drop Box or iCloud so I can plan on my iPad and use my iPhone in the field.
As a photographer this is what I need that none of the apps I have tried have.
A must have app for any photographer
I shoot a lot of sunrises and sunsets and capture them against scenes like lighthouses, bridges, rocks etc etc.. Most apps tell you the times based on dates but knowing the angle in the sky based on time of year and date makes everything so much easier. Using this app I was just able to determine that I can shoot the moon setting over a bridge, than run across the bridge and still get the sunrise behind the lighthouse. Could never have determined that without this app showing me the best locations for what I want to capture.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Apr 03, 2013
- Version: 2.3.4
- Size: 5.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese
- Seller: Rivolu Pte. Ltd
- © Rivolu Pte Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.