By Rivolu Pte Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
LightTrac is a must have tool for all outdoor photographers. Quickly determine at what time and location the light conditions are perfect to shoot your subjects outdoors. The elevation and angle of Sun changes throughout the year depending on the location, date as well as the time of day. LightTrac calculates both the elevation and angle of Sun and Moon for any date & time, for any place on earth and plots it on top of a satellite map. Armed with this information and with an extremely easy to use interface, you can now plan your photo shoot even several months ahead of time and position yourself at the right spot at the right time for that perfect shot.
Whether you are a nature or landscape photographer, a real-estate or architecture photographer, a wedding or sports photographer you will simply love what LightTrac has to offer.
LightTrac is an invaluable not just useful to photographers, but also to architects, real-estate buyers, solar panel owners/installers, gardeners, travelers or for any outdoor person interested in knowing any info about the Sun or the Moon.
• Universal app works on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• Scout for new locations using a map for the perfect sunlight angle or for a backdrop with a rising/setting moon
• Find Angle and Elevation of Sun for any location and time
• Find Angle and Elevation of Moon for any location and time
• Find Sunrise, Sunset and Twilight times for any day
• Find Moonrise, Moonset and Moon Phase for any day
• View exact date and time when Full moon, New moon, First quarter and Last quarter occurs
• View elevation chart and azimuth chart for Sun and Moon
• View the length of shadow for any elevation at any time
• Integrated compass view on the iPad
• Search locations by address, city or zipcode
• Save multiple locations and switch between them easily
• Use address book to pick locations from your contact's addresses
• Share your saved locations easily with fellow photographers via email
• Easily export your locations to KML file to view on other apps
• Does automatic timezone detection
• Available in English, German, French
What others say about LightTrac ?
"LightTrac is phenomenal"
– Adorama TV
"An amazing application. 5 stars out of 5"
"I rate things pretty hard but give this app a solid 4.5 out of 5 stars."
"A true blessing"
"Best money I've spent in a long time."
What's New in Version 2.5.2
I use this app all the timeas part of my job in producung still and motion imagery It is versatile and very, very useful and I recommend it to everyone. It had some iOS8 hiccoughs, but the developers have been caring and responsive and the latest version, 2.5.1 is spot on. If you shoot outside and can't scout a location at the time when you'll shoot, this app will save you a lot of aggro.
Update after bug fixes to handle 8.x, back to normal with new map options. If you shoot, this is an app you want from a developer who cares about customers.
Great for planning
This app is great for architectural and landscape planning as well as photo shoots of my favorite scenic views! The interface is simple and easy to use and understand. Did a photographic study of the shading of our proposed deck area in Feb and the projections are right on the money. Now I can project what the shade will be at any date & time.
Love This APP
I use this APP all the time in real estate to show clients the sun angles in comparison to how the house is oriented and to plan on when I am going to take pictures. Very handy APP. Showed it the other day to another photographer and he went out and bought it also!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 22, 2014
- Version: 2.5.2
- Size: 11.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese
- Seller: Rivolu Pte. Ltd
- © Rivolu Pte Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.