Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The lifeIMAGE network allows patients, physicians and hospitals to electronically share imaging exams from any hospital or clinic in order to improve patient care, reduce exam distribution costs, improve physician productivity, and drive imaging referral business.
With the lifeIMAGE Mobile app, physicians can access their lifeIMAGE Inbox on their iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. They can review studies that have been shared with them, or upload and share new images captured with the camera on their iOS device.
This mobile app is helping to improve efficiency, and ultimately, patient care, in a number of clinical situations:
• Easily aggregate, view and share diagnostic imaging with physicians for Tumor Board cases
• Foster collaboration between radiologists and image-intensive specialists
• Prepare studies to share at conferences, symposiums, and other teaching events
• Instantly share photographs in a HIPAA-compliant way for emergency cases (involving burn trauma, broken bones, lacerations, or domestic violence) or for plastic surgery, oncology or orthopedics
• Review imaging with patients, even if the consult room is not computer-equipped
Feedback from users:
“When physicians are making rounds to see patients in the morning, instead of sitting in front of a workstation, they can look at the images on their iPads while they are talking to the patient. There are a lot of benefits to that.”
“We are getting into some remote services for our stroke team. We are going to start looking at having patients transferred in from some smaller hospitals. By the time patients get to our hospital, we can load up all of their images and documentation on the iPad using the LILA server. People can even pull that information up at their house. So, when patients get here, we have already reviewed everything and are familiar with the patients and their imaging.”
KLAS Report about lifeIMAGE issued on June 7, 2013. © KLAS Enterprises, LLC. All rights reserved. www.KLASresearch.com
*** Benefits ***
• Quickly and conveniently access referral imaging while on the go
• Facilitate easier curbside consults with hospital colleagues
• Securely deliver results to non-networked physicians, instantly
• Increase patient satisfaction by reviewing outside exams with them at any location
• Win new referral business with iPad-friendly results distribution
*** Features ***
• Access exams, reports and attachments in your lifeIMAGE InBox
• Upload and share images captured with the iOS device camera
• Share exams with local users/groups using a LILA server
• Review images with intuitive touch gestures, on-the-go
• Search for exams and access studies by custom tags
*** Security ***
• Authentication is centrally controlled on the server, and no user credentials are stored on the device.
• User actions are logged on the server for auditing purposes.
• No PHI is permanently stored on the device, and all exam data is loaded on-demand from the server by the app.
• 3G or WiFi access to the server is required. (3G access requires a lifeIMAGE cloud account or a VPN connection to a LILA server.) When connectivity is lost, exam data is unavailable. Per-user and per-group access control is managed centrally by administrators and can be changed at any time.
lifeIMAGE Mobile is only available for physicians who are affiliated with, or who refer patients to, hospitals and clinics using lifeIMAGE's LILA server or a lifeIMAGE cloud service. Please check with the lifeIMAGE project manager at your hospital or clinic for more information. lifeIMAGE Mobile is not intended for diagnostic use.
What's New in Version 3.1.3
• Added support for iOS 7.
• Enabled https login to LILA servers configured with an untrusted SSL cert.
• Bug fixes.