Create music with Lily, a playful musical experience for people of all ages and musical abilities.
*Featured as Apple's App of the Day*
Compose a looping melody with each lily and build up interesting harmonies and melodic patterns.
Explore polyrhythm by composing looping melodies of different lengths and tempo to create complex musical patterns.
Save your compositions and switch seamlessly between them to chain multiple patterns together.
• Choose from six lily flowers, each with their own unique sound over three octaves.
• Alter the number of petals to create melodies of different lengths.
• Select from five musical scales.
• Alter the tempo division of each lily to create interesting interplay between the lilies.
• Save your compositions and switch seamlessly between them.
• Record and share your creations with both video and audio export.
• Export your recordings as high-quality audio files! – By popular demand, you can now export a recording as a high-quality audio file, including AudioCopy for copy-and-pasting a recording straight into your chosen iOS audio workstation.
• Save your video recordings to your device.
• Instruction hints – Several instructive hints have been added to help introduce new users to Lily.
• Playback indicator - A lily's playback position is now shown by a glowing orb.
• To comply with GDPR regulations, Lily now allows you to disable Unity Analytics. Tap the "Data Privacy" option in the menu to control whether analytics is enabled or disabled.
• Added the name of the musical scale above its icon.
• Fixed an issue whereby saving a lily pond could sometimes not perfectly preserve the playback positions of lilies relative to one another.
• Fixed an issue whereby opening a lily after loading it from a lily pond would resume playback, rather than restarting it from its first note.
Thanks for all the support, feedback, and kind words :)
Ratings and Reviews
We never expected a lilypad to unlock our musical abilities. Yet here we are, somehow carving beautiful melodies from a selection of them. Lily isn’t entirely whimsical, however: its lilies are essentially deft musical instruments providing organic lessons in scales, harmonies, and tempo. Be sure to save and upload your compositions, too.
Great Game! But some bugs.
I absolutely adore this game. I happen to be a musician and I've been playing violin for a while now. Arranging and composing songs is hard, but with this app you can get a taste for a good melody!
Now, normally I'd rate a fantastic game like this 5 stars, but there are some crucial bugs/improvements to be made. For example, every time I have more than one of the same lily open, or even more than four lilies, not all of them will play. It's very strange, and personally I'd like to be able to add as many lilies as I like without this happening. Second, this game desperately needs a tutorial. I figured it out fairly alright, but I would have gotten the hang of it much quicker if the developers had just taken a little bit more time to put that in there. Finally, one last critique: we should be able to loop lilies and have them come in at different intervals. I get it's a simple song game, but I think this would really help the songs flow better if we could have an advanced option or something where we could do this. Other than that, fantastic game! Keep making brilliant work. :)
Hi Gotter iTunes. Thank you so much for your positive review, feedback, and suggestions! 😊 As of the latest version of Lily (2.0 and later), you can now have all lilies playing on the fastest tempo simultaneously, so you will no longer encounter the issue you described.
This is great, but just a few suggestions.
This is probably the best music composing games on the internet. But I would like to suggest a few features. To start off with, Most songs have percussion behind them. Sure, you've got the option to make a bass line with all of the different sounds, but there needs to be a little more to it than that, we need some kind of new flower that adds a nice beat to the song. Maybe it could be green. But that's only a suggestion. Another is to have a mode with a completely different layout for some of the more complex people that want to add more to their song than just a simple loop, without going through all the trouble to compose different parts of a song and time the switch just right. Again, these are just a few suggestions, but it would really be cool to see these features added into the game.
Hi Xx_Ultimate_xX. Thank you so much for your kind words and suggestions 😊. I have recently made new, additional lilies available to purchase within Lily, which thanks to your suggestions includes two percussive lilies. You can find them in the Tropical and Zen collections. I hope you enjoy! 🥁
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Pelican 7 LTD
- 90.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Pelican 7 LTD
- In-App Purchases
- Winter Wonderland $0.99
- Zen Garden $0.99
- Tropical Tango $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.