By Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Lincoln Center is the world’s leading performing arts center. Located on New York’s Upper West Side, it’s home to some of the world’s greatest concert halls and performance series, including the Metropolitan Opera House, the Mostly Mozart Festival, the New York Philharmonic, the New York City Ballet, and more.
Now, you can take Lincoln Center with you wherever you go!
This first official iPhone app from Lincoln Center allows visitors to explore the wealth of cultural events happening year round, including the ability to purchase tickets, plan a trip (including dining options), and share what you’re seeing with others.
Key features include:
• What’s on today? Launch the app and immediately see what’s coming up, and buy tickets straight from your phone.
• What’s coming up? Explore upcoming performances with a unique, interactive calendar. Filter events to find the perfect shows for you.
• Save the shows you’ve seen and want to see as My Events. Share the ones you’re most excited about by email or posting to Facebook.
• Find your way around Lincoln Center’s 16.3-acre campus with an interactive map that includes box offices, restrooms, parking, and subways.
• Whet your appetite by learning about Lincoln Center’s many dining options—and call for reservations straight from the app.
• Learn 25 secret facts about Lincoln Center!
Put the world’s most comprehensive performing arts center in your pocket with the Lincoln Center iPhone app.
Powered by First Republic. Designed by IDEO. Developed by Pivotal Labs.
What's New in Version 1.2
Fixes issues with updating event information on devices running iOS 5
This is a great venue app. Not only does it tell you what is currently playing at the Lincoln Center but the app gives you a full
calendar where you can select by date what is being performed. It also allows a easy transfer of events to your events section so you can always keep in mind what performances you want to see. The app goes further than most venue applications in creating a well designed space layout of all buildings that form Lincoln Center and allows you to highlight each bulding my name, function and area. The app also breaks down the details for all sections of Lincoln Center including what type of food the dining area sells, what building houses what performances, where can the public buy tickets and so on so on. Navigation throughout the entire application is swift and convenient. I would like for the app in the future to add video clip of current or past perfomances so those who have never been can get a idea of the rich culture that is being displayed. A must for anybody who reguarly visits or plans on visiting in the future.
When this app works it does a nice job of showing what is going on, although there could be more information included about each event. I also think that not everything is included, but it is hard to know what is going on but not listed.
But more often then not, the app does not download updated information, it hangs and nothing comes in.
The app looks great but without the specific time when the shows start I might as well go through the trouble using my computer to access the site. This is very sad considering the time of the show could easily appear with the rest of the info in the app.