Line2 - Second Number on Your Phone
By Line2, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get a second phone line on your iPhone! Line2 is a VoIP phone service that lets you call & text from a separate phone number via WiFi or 3G/4G/LTE. $9.99/mo: Text & call ANYONE in the US/Canada, forwarding & more. Pick any phone number.
Line2 Free: Text & call Line2 users unlimited. Invite friends.
**Award-winning service featured in: Techcrunch, The New York Times, USA Today**
Line2 gives you the privacy and convenience of a complete second phone number—with calling, texting and true caller ID that works the way you’d expect.
SO MANY WAYS TO USE LINE2:
- Private number for your inner circle
- Separate number for your business or customer-specific area codes
- Local number in the area you vacation, work, or go to school
- Dedicated number for job searches, online dating, listings on eBay, Craigslist, AirBnB and more
- Overseas, call and text the US/Canada over WiFi with no international roaming charges
- Turn your WiFi-only iPad or iPod touch into a phone to talk and SMS
- Low-cost way to keep your home phone number
POWERFUL FEATURES FOR JUST $9.99/MONTH:
• Use the app on your phones, tablets and computers to talk and text
• Choose a number in any city in the US/Canada or transfer an existing number free
• Unlimited SMS to the US/Canada and inbound calls
• 1500 minutes of outbound calling or forwarding
• Call forwarding, screening, blocking, hold, transfer, visual voicemail, group calling and more
• Crystal-clear voice quality with HD quality audio between Line2 users
• Works over WiFi/3G/4G/LTE (and cellular voice, as needed) so you’re never stuck without service
• Easy setup. No hardware required. No contracts. No hidden fees.
NOTE: Line2 Free accounts provide calling and texting with other Line2 users only.
Once you activate your paid subscription, a monthly service charge of $9.99 is billed through your iTunes account and renews automatically. To cancel service, simply turn off auto-renewal in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before your current month of service ends.
** Questions? Comments? We’re here to help 7 days a week at support.line2.com or tap Settings -> Help from within the app.
Is your smartphone doubling as your business phone? Do you need an affordable business phone service for your small office? Upgrade to Line2 Pro. Get a complete VoIP business phone system up and running in minutes for you and your team with auto-attendant, after-hours settings, toll-free numbers, and more. Make and receive business calls and texts anywhere, on the existing devices your employees have, using your business phone number. Find out more about our virtual business phone system and business phone lines on the Line2 website.
What's New in Version 9.5.9
* More reliable incoming call and message notifications
* Ability to block a number from call history on iPhone and iPod touch
- In your recent calls list, swipe left on any entry to block or unblock all calls/messages from that number
Long Term User Review
I signed up with Line2 almost 3 years ago using their pro service and I have 2 lines.
Line 2 is excellent for a small business owner like myself. I handle Investments and Research and can project a larger image while keeping my expenses down using the extensions.
"Existing Customers press 1, speak to an operator, press 0, for Mr. Smith press 3, for Mr. Jones Press 4, etc. " When they press and extension and it forwards to my cell phone, I can see which extension they pressed.
Particularly useful is my ability to record the outgoing greetings for each extension on my computer, clean them up, put a little music in the background and then upload the message to Line2 on the Net. (using Adobe Audition)
Their customer service has been very good and fast when I have needed them over the past 3 years.
I have stayed with Line 2 for this long and will stay with them indefinitely, mainly for 1 reason; their prices are so reasonable and the billing is automatic, so it is just easier to stay than to consider any other service.
It's reasonably priced, automatic, billing is seamless, I don't have to think about it, ever and that means less stress for me.
I'm not sure the problems some reviewers are having… I find this to be a great product and have used it for a few years. I wish there was a 4.75 stars I could give it… My only issue is that sometimes my iPhone won't answer the call quickly enough and it goes to voicemail. Or that my texts don't go through (also true with iMessage app)
IMO you should disregard those low reviews and try this product for yourself because I think you'll find, as I do, that it becomes hard to live without it.
To the Line2 team: please keep improving this product and make it 100% perfect for us.
I am visually impaired and can no longer use an iPhone as even with the font maxed out under accessibility I can not see words without a magnifying glass.
I have moved to an iPad. Without Line2 it would be impossible for my iPad to also be a phone. Line2 is a God send for me! With iOS 10 enabling voip apps to be treated like regular calls and text using an iPad as a phone will only get better!
Thank you Line2! Why only 4 stars? Though very usable the app could be easer to used by the VI by implementing the desired font picked under iOS accesabiliy.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 25, 2016
- Version: 9.5.9
- Size: 49.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Line2, Inc.
- © 2015 Line2, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Line2 Standard$9.99