Line2 - Second Number on Your Phone
By Line2, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get a second phone line on your iPhone! Line2 is a VoIP phone service that lets you call & text from a separate phone number via WiFi or 3G/4G/LTE. $9.99/mo: Text & call ANYONE in the US/Canada, forwarding & more. Pick any phone number.
Line2 Free: Text & call Line2 users unlimited. Invite friends.
**Award-winning service featured in: Techcrunch, The New York Times, USA Today**
Line2 gives you the privacy and convenience of a complete second phone number—with calling, texting and true caller ID that works the way you’d expect.
SO MANY WAYS TO USE LINE2:
- Private number for your inner circle
- Separate number for your business or customer-specific area codes
- Local number in the area you vacation, work, or go to school
- Dedicated number for job searches, online dating, listings on eBay, Craigslist, AirBnB and more
- Overseas, call and text the US/Canada over WiFi with no international roaming charges
- Turn your WiFi-only iPad or iPod touch into a phone to talk and SMS
- Low-cost way to keep your home phone number
POWERFUL FEATURES FOR JUST $9.99/MONTH:
• Use the app on your phones, tablets and computers to talk and text
• Choose a number in any city in the US/Canada or transfer an existing number free
• Unlimited SMS to the US/Canada and inbound calls
• 1500 minutes of outbound calling or forwarding
• Call forwarding, screening, blocking, hold, transfer, visual voicemail, group calling and more
• Crystal-clear voice quality with HD quality audio between Line2 users
• Works over WiFi/3G/4G/LTE (and cellular voice, as needed) so you’re never stuck without service
• Easy setup. No hardware required. No contracts. No hidden fees.
NOTE: Line2 Free accounts provide calling and texting with other Line2 users only.
Once you activate your paid subscription, a monthly service charge of $9.99 is billed through your iTunes account and renews automatically. To cancel service, simply turn off auto-renewal in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before your current month of service ends.
** Questions? Comments? We’re here to help 7 days a week at support.line2.com or tap Settings -> Help from within the app.
Is your smartphone doubling as your business phone? Do you need an affordable business phone service for your small office? Upgrade to Line2 Pro. Get a complete VoIP business phone system up and running in minutes for you and your team with auto-attendant, after-hours settings, toll-free numbers, and more. Make and receive business calls and texts anywhere, on the existing devices your employees have, using your business phone number. Find out more about our virtual business phone system and business phone lines on the Line2 website.
What's New in Version 9.5.2
- Improved Line2 call handling during primary line incoming call
- Updated contact search logic
- UI improvements and bug fixes
Longer messaging folder and create an ability to block the number
In the messaging folder, the list of messages that have been sent as a history should be much much longer than is, it only goes back a couple of days since this is also on software you should have an endless list of messages if you want to keep them if the user wants to delete them then he can delete them but the list should be much longer. When you call out you can't block the number, there should be an ability for the caller to be able to block the number.
Unwanted unknown numbers should be, or should have the ability to be blocked from calling, you don't have an ability to do that on your system. Please develop a system where you can block an unknown caller from calling in.
Would be nice to have predictive dialing, where in after you dial 4 or 5 numbers the system starts producing numbers dialed in the past
ability to ring for incoming call from background.
Ok, so the app doesn’t work when in the background for awhile, you’ll contact customer support, and they will test it for you, and low an behold it works fine, big surprise, because it has already failed, so you bring it up front, to see why, well now, ya it will work, because you just brought it to the foreground. or better yet, you restarted it, or restarted your device, so ya, it works… until you leave it in the background for a day or two…. then things go very wrong (heck leave it in the foreground for a day or two but let your device sleep and the same thing can occur). and to be clear, it may not even be Line2’s fault, because Apple has been doing some very bad things to apps running in the background, like killing them, if some app in the foreground needs the memory, and other “battery/memory” saving “solutions” that basically make your device a door stop… but hey the battery lasts 1 min longer which makes for a great door stop, what ever.
I've used Line2 for about four years, mostly without problems. That said, I've deleted the app and cancelled my service. The current version is absolutely worthless. It is buggy, inconsistent, and totally unreliable. Since updating, the app drops the VOIP connection any time another app is opened, it either doesn't notify for incoming calls, or if it does the line is often dead when I answer. The app does not connect when opened. I have to manually connect to VOIP from the Help page. I've spent a week back and forth with customer service, and have done everything they have suggested, with no improvement. The agent said they were not aware of other customers with these problems, but many of the reviews posted here show that people are dealing with similar issues.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 04, 2015
- Version: 9.5.2
- Size: 46.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Line2, Inc.
- © 2015 Line2, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Line2 Standard$9.99
- Month of Standard Service$14.99
- Month of Standard Service$9.99