Line2 - Second Number on Your Phone
By Line2, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get a second phone line on your iPhone! Line2 is a VoIP phone service that lets you call & text from a separate phone number via WiFi or 3G/4G/LTE. $9.99/mo: Text & call ANYONE in the US/Canada, forwarding & more. Pick any phone number.
Line2 Free: Text & call Line2 users unlimited. Invite friends.
**Award-winning service featured in: Techcrunch, The New York Times, USA Today**
Line2 gives you the privacy and convenience of a complete second phone number—with calling, texting and true caller ID that works the way you’d expect.
SO MANY WAYS TO USE LINE2:
- Private number for your inner circle
- Separate number for your business or customer-specific area codes
- Local number in the area you vacation, work, or go to school
- Dedicated number for job searches, online dating, listings on eBay, Craigslist, AirBnB and more
- Overseas, call and text the US/Canada over WiFi with no international roaming charges
- Turn your WiFi-only iPad or iPod touch into a phone to talk and SMS
- Low-cost way to keep your home phone number
POWERFUL FEATURES FOR JUST $9.99/MONTH:
• Use the app on your phones, tablets and computers to talk and text
• Choose a number in any city in the US/Canada or transfer an existing number free
• Unlimited SMS to the US/Canada and inbound calls
• 1500 minutes of outbound calling or forwarding
• Call forwarding, screening, blocking, hold, transfer, visual voicemail, group calling and more
• Crystal-clear voice quality with HD quality audio between Line2 users
• Works over WiFi/3G/4G/LTE (and cellular voice, as needed) so you’re never stuck without service
• Easy setup. No hardware required. No contracts. No hidden fees.
NOTE: Line2 Free accounts provide calling and texting with other Line2 users only.
Once you activate your paid subscription, a monthly service charge of $9.99 is billed through your iTunes account and renews automatically. To cancel service, simply turn off auto-renewal in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before your current month of service ends.
** Questions? Comments? We’re here to help 7 days a week at support.line2.com or tap Settings -> Help from within the app.
Is your smartphone doubling as your business phone? Do you need an affordable business phone service for your small office? Upgrade to Line2 Pro. Get a complete VoIP business phone system up and running in minutes for you and your team with auto-attendant, after-hours settings, toll-free numbers, and more. Make and receive business calls and texts anywhere, on the existing devices your employees have, using your business phone number. Find out more about our virtual business phone system and business phone lines on the Line2 website.
What's New in Version 9.5.2
- Improved Line2 call handling during primary line incoming call
- Updated contact search logic
- UI improvements and bug fixes
Reliability issues improved - drains battery running in background
Recently I have had better luck with the app staying online and receiving calls and texts via wifi. Still maybe 1 out of 3 incoming calls over wifi still don't make it through and roll to voicemail. Also occasionally calls have no volume. all I hear is silence.
I would like to see line2 using push notifications as with hangouts. That would make incoming calls and texts more reliable and reduce the battery drain.
After years of paying for line2, I finally cancelled with some regret. I really wanted line2 to work. It just wasn't as reliable as Google Voice/Hangouts.
So far so good!
I need 2 phone lines thus 2 phones. Thanks to Line2's standard service I was able to port my existing cell number and ditch its physical phone. The call quality is great, the app and website have several useful features (call screening, forwarding, voicemail, etc.) and I can choose whether to place or receive calls via Wi-Fi, 3g/4g or cellular minutes. So far it has worked as advertised.
Well worth it.
The poor reviews are from people who expect to get a lot for free. When you pay the monthly, or annual fee, you get a second phone # on your current smart phone that allows you to text, have its own greeting, etc. for a fraction of the price of another line with your cell provider! Plenty of latitude in how you set up notifications as well.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 04, 2015
- Version: 9.5.2
- Size: 46.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Line2, Inc.
- © 2015 Line2, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Line2 Standard$9.99
- Month of Standard Service$14.99
- Month of Standard Service$9.99