Line2 - Second Number on Your Phone
By Line2, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get a second phone line on your iPhone! Line2 is a VoIP phone service that lets you call & text from a separate phone number via WiFi or 3G/4G/LTE. $9.99/mo: Text & call ANYONE in the US/Canada, forwarding & more. Pick any phone number.
Line2 Free: Text & call Line2 users unlimited. Invite friends.
**Award-winning service featured in: Techcrunch, The New York Times, USA Today**
Line2 gives you the privacy and convenience of a complete second phone number—with calling, texting and true caller ID that works the way you’d expect.
SO MANY WAYS TO USE LINE2:
- Private number for your inner circle
- Separate number for your business or customer-specific area codes
- Local number in the area you vacation, work, or go to school
- Dedicated number for job searches, online dating, listings on eBay, Craigslist, AirBnB and more
- Overseas, call and text the US/Canada over WiFi with no international roaming charges
- Turn your WiFi-only iPad or iPod touch into a phone to talk and SMS
- Low-cost way to keep your home phone number
POWERFUL FEATURES FOR JUST $9.99/MONTH:
• Use the app on your phones, tablets and computers to talk and text
• Choose a number in any city in the US/Canada or transfer an existing number free
• Unlimited SMS to the US/Canada and inbound calls
• 1500 minutes of outbound calling or forwarding
• Call forwarding, screening, blocking, hold, transfer, visual voicemail, group calling and more
• Crystal-clear voice quality with HD quality audio between Line2 users
• Works over WiFi/3G/4G/LTE (and cellular voice, as needed) so you’re never stuck without service
• Easy setup. No hardware required. No contracts. No hidden fees.
NOTE: Line2 Free accounts provide calling and texting with other Line2 users only.
Once you activate your paid subscription, a monthly service charge of $9.99 is billed through your iTunes account and renews automatically. To cancel service, simply turn off auto-renewal in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before your current month of service ends.
** Questions? Comments? We’re here to help 7 days a week at support.line2.com or tap Settings -> Help from within the app.
Is your smartphone doubling as your business phone? Do you need an affordable business phone service for your small office? Upgrade to Line2 Pro. Get a complete VoIP business phone system up and running in minutes for you and your team with auto-attendant, after-hours settings, toll-free numbers, and more. Make and receive business calls and texts anywhere, on the existing devices your employees have, using your business phone number. Find out more about our virtual business phone system and business phone lines on the Line2 website.
What's New in Version 9.5.1
- Added Line2 Apple Watch Glance
- Minor bug fixes
Reliability issues improved - drains battery running in background
Recently I have had better luck with the app staying online and receiving calls and texts via wifi. Still maybe 1 out of 3 incoming calls over wifi still don't make it through and roll to voicemail.
I would like to see line2 using push notifications as with hangouts. That would make incoming calls and texts more reliable and reduce the battery drain. It is ironic that a free service is more reliable than line2 and also doesn't drain the phone battery to nearly the same extent.
The battery drain is a significant issue. line2 reduces the standby time of my phone by about a factor of 2
WASTE OF MONEEY!
This app should sold as a notification/text app because thats all it really is. I miss every single phone call because it doesn’t ring like a normal phone…. it sends you a notification… and you’d be lucky if you actually receive one of those. You will not receive a phone ‘ring’ like a normal phone.. If your phone is plugged in to the wall on standby you won’t notice a call unless you have all of your notifications set up to ring loudly and that defeats the purpose of them. I mean. You literally have to have the app open on the screen for you to receive a ring from the “phone”.
Lets not even get on the subject of bluetooth. Every vehicle has it these days and it is very unreliable. They need to do a complete redesign of this app. If you can’t make it perform like the stock phone app then rethink the idea..
Reliable port option
I've used line2 for over 4 years. The app has truly reliable. I've switched work phone 3 times in the last 4 years and have always refrained my personal mobile number via Line2 with no issues. I recommend it to anyone looking to carry 1 one for two numbers. The only con is there is no group SMS feature, but I'm sure they are working on that!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 25, 2015
- Version: 9.5.1
- Size: 34.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Line2, Inc.
- © 2015 Line2, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Line2 Standard$9.99
- Month of Standard Service$14.99
- Month of Standard Service$9.99