Line2 - Second Number on Your Phone
By Line2, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get a second phone line on your iPhone! Line2 is a VoIP phone service that lets you call & text from a separate phone number via WiFi or 3G/4G/LTE. $9.99/mo: Text & call ANYONE in the US/Canada, forwarding & more. Pick any phone number.
Line2 Free: Text & call Line2 users unlimited. Invite friends.
**Award-winning service featured in: Techcrunch, The New York Times, USA Today**
Line2 gives you the privacy and convenience of a complete second phone number—with calling, texting and true caller ID that works the way you’d expect.
SO MANY WAYS TO USE LINE2:
- Private number for your inner circle
- Separate number for your business or customer-specific area codes
- Local number in the area you vacation, work, or go to school
- Dedicated number for job searches, online dating, listings on eBay, Craigslist, AirBnB and more
- Overseas, call and text the US/Canada over WiFi with no international roaming charges
- Turn your WiFi-only iPad or iPod touch into a phone to talk and SMS
- Low-cost way to keep your home phone number
POWERFUL FEATURES FOR JUST $9.99/MONTH:
• Use the app on your phones, tablets and computers to talk and text
• Choose a number in any city in the US/Canada or transfer an existing number free
• Unlimited SMS to the US/Canada and inbound calls
• 1500 minutes of outbound calling or forwarding
• Call forwarding, screening, blocking, hold, transfer, visual voicemail, group calling and more
• Crystal-clear voice quality with HD quality audio between Line2 users
• Works over WiFi/3G/4G/LTE (and cellular voice, as needed) so you’re never stuck without service
• Easy setup. No hardware required. No contracts. No hidden fees.
NOTE: Line2 Free accounts provide calling and texting with other Line2 users only.
Once you activate your paid subscription, a monthly service charge of $9.99 is billed through your iTunes account and renews automatically. To cancel service, simply turn off auto-renewal in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before your current month of service ends.
** Questions? Comments? We’re here to help 7 days a week at support.line2.com or tap Settings -> Help from within the app.
Is your smartphone doubling as your business phone? Do you need an affordable business phone service for your small office? Upgrade to Line2 Pro. Get a complete VoIP business phone system up and running in minutes for you and your team with auto-attendant, after-hours settings, toll-free numbers, and more. Make and receive business calls and texts anywhere, on the existing devices your employees have, using your business phone number. Find out more about our virtual business phone system and business phone lines on the Line2 website.
What's New in Version 9.5.3
- 3D Touch - iPhone 6s/6s Plus, deep press Line2 icon for shortcuts
- Messaging/Call shortcut - in contact list, swipe person’s name to the right to access
- Added in-call network bandwidth meter - visually shows if you are on a congested network
- Lots of other enhancements.
Used to be Good
Not the greatest phone app, but it used to be good. There have been lots of issues within the last few months. It fails to ring half the time, I answer a call and hear nothing, it doesn't run well in the background, etc.. I tried to resolve this with the company first and give them a chance to fix things rather than blast them in a review. I called customer service with no response, emailed them next and was asked for my logs, but nothing after that. I emailed them again and this time zero reply. The only thing I like is that it gives me a separate ringtone with caller ID. This is my business line and now I'm going to have to look for an alternative if these issues aren't resolved soon.
Could be Great!
I like the concept of this app. I just wish it's texting features were a little bit more refined and robust. I hope they work things out with the carriers so I can use it for MMS and as a full time phone number. As of now, my callers have to deal with one number I use for MMS and another for phone calls.
Update: had to take another star off. It's hardly functional as a phone when receiving calls on the iPhone 6. The phone rings, you unlock the phone and rarely the app opens up for you like most apps do. That's a big deal. The service itself seems fine but the app needs to be updated and upgraded .
50/50...but enough to make me consider leaving
This app is GREAT when it's working - very clear calls and speedy text messages. However, 50% of the time it FAILS to connect and you hear absolute silence when you ring someone. You have no idea if they answer or not, and ultimately, they hang up or the call drops. As this is my work number, I cannot continually have this unprofessional appearance. Please update or resolve this ASAP because as much as I love the app when it works, the unreliability and inconsistency is enough to make me look elsewhere.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 05, 2015
- Version: 9.5.3
- Size: 47.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Line2, Inc.
- © 2015 Line2, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Line2 Standard$9.99
- Month of Standard Service$14.99
- Month of Standard Service$9.99