Linea - Sketch Simply
By The Iconfactory
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A sketch book isn't complicated, so why is your iPad?
Modern drawing apps are powerful, but they can overload you with hundreds of choices. Constant adjustments to brushes, colors, and layers wastes time and adds friction.
Linea takes a different approach and gives you just the right balance of power and control to sketch effortlessly. The focus stays where it belongs: on your ideas, not the tools.
What People Are Saying:
“The color swatch in Linea is fantastic...It fits a spectrum of color options into a very compact space.”
- 9 to 5 Mac
“The best possible sketching experience whether you are drawing, prototyping an app interface, storyboarding, taking notes, or something else.”
“Linea is approachable for all – and will quite likely prove to be useful and enjoyable by all.”
• Easy Colors - Choose from a wide range of pre-defined colors, or customize colors with a single tap. Auto generated tints & shades saves time and effort.
• Minimal UI - Every control is designed to stay out of your way until you need it. Linea's elegant interface puts the focus on your creations.
• Elegant Layers - Simplified set of layers that can be easily rearranged, merged & adjusted adds just the right amount of power without overloading you.
• Grids & Templates - Linea offers a wide range of traditional grids, 3D isometric lines, storyboards, and templates for iOS screen or icon design.
• Flexible Exporting - Export your work as a layered Photoshop document, transparent PNG, and more. Export entire drawings or cropped portions to a range of services including Slack and Dropbox.
• Touch Eraser - Ever used your finger to erase a whiteboard? Linea lets you wipe the screen with your finger to correct mistakes and your hands stay clean!
Complete Feature Set:
• Technical Pencil - Hard lead, thin lines. Pressure sensitive.
• Classic Pencil - Soft lead, thick lines. Pressure sensitive.
• Felt Tip Pen - Thin solid lines that vary in opacity with pressure
• Wide Tip Marker - Fat solid lines that vary with pressure
• Eraser - Clean up your work with a finger touch or pressure sensitivity
• Always on-screen & easily available
• 2 banks of pre-defined colors + 6 tints & shades each
• Auto-generation of tints and shades
• Creation of custom color sets
• Hue/Saturation adjustments
• 5 flexible layers
• Easily merge & clear
• Drag & drop to rearrange
• Opacity adjustment
Grids & Templates:
• Traditional grids in lines & dots
• 3D isometric grid
• Storyboards - 16:9
• iOS UI
• iOS Icon design
Backgrounds & Paper Textures:
• Turn paper grain on/off
• Standard paper grain
• Butcher's paper
• Black construction
• Layered Photoshop PSD
• Transparent PNG
• Flattened JPEG
• Save all or just a portion of each drawing
• iOS Share sheet support
• Export to Slack, Dropbox, Airdrop & more
• Organize drawings in project folders
• Share, rename and remove drawings / projects
• Thumbnail previews of drawings save time
• Undo - Two-finger tap to quickly undo
• Redo - Three-finger tap to quickly redo
• Pinch / Zoom with angle and zoom %
• Rotation Compass so you always know which way is up
• Tap Compass to reset rotation angle & zoom %
What's New in Version 1.0.1
- New "Gray Bristol" paper added to the Background options
- Canvas Locking - Enable by double-tapping the compass icon or long-press it and select Lock from the popup
- Duplicate Sketch was added to the more-options (...) popup while drawing
- Palm rejection improved to make it less likely to erroneously detect gestures
- When a layer is cleared, the layer popover is now automatically dismissed
- When a layer is cleared or merged, the now-empty layer is reset to 100% opacity
- Merge Layer now works better when the layers are not at 100% opacity
- Merge Layers is disabled when the layer beneath is not visible
- Layer visibility and opacity changes are now undoable
- When launching after a new install, the how-to document will now be opened
- Animated transitions between views have been improved
- Twitter and Instagram links added to the Settings view
- A few icons polished for consistency
- Fixed a crash and/or strange behavior after having used multiple documents
- Adjusting the mini-slider on the layer panel with an Apple Pencil will no longer trigger layer re-ordering
- Duplicating within the project view with multiple sketches selected now duplicates the correct items
- Duplicate sketches are now placed after the selected documents instead of at the beginning of the project
- Fixed a problem with undo that could occur if used after merging layers
- Fixed a rendering bug that occurred when changing documents with the page arrows while zoomed in
- When starting a stroke near the color picker, it will no longer cause a color-set change gesture to be triggered (and the stroke canceled)
- When undoing initial content being drawn in a layer, the layer icon is now reset to the empty state
Well this app is still pretty good....
Although this app is pretty good, I got tiered of it. I honestly would like a refund but when I try to get a refund for this app, a message pops up saying "refund is unavailable for this purchase" and I'm like " really....". All I want is a refund because this app is pretty expensive, 10$ for a sketching app? No thanks, that's insanely expensive (in App Store credit). I hope you guys can help me get a refund, best regards, and thanks.
So close. Desperately needs better palm rejection.
Constantly undoing my lines while I draw them. Super annoying.
Close to Perfection. My favorite sketching app by far.
I can buy a great sketching app for half the price and more tools and options but is the one I turn to because it's comfortable, very well designed, and I spend more time drawing and less time tweaking tools and searching options. I'm really enjoying the simplicity of the controls. All the essentials are here and it took me just a few minutes to get comfortable and know how to get to everything. I really needed something like this to get the clutter out of the way and focus on creating. With other apps, I was always relearning where everything was at spending time finding the right tool and color. There are a few tools missing I use about 10% of the time but very easy to export PSD file with all the layers to another app to finish off. Unfortunately missing is any import features to bring in files or to import photos or to reopen PSD files I saved to Dropbox. (minus 1 star) Those are rare occasions and I'm sure in time Import will be built in.
This app is so close to perfect for me, I want to list a couple things that would take it to perfection:
-More templates such as a blank calendar or lined paper for note taking. I don't currently use it for notes but I think it would do great if the templates were there.
-I would like to see eraser or finger have ability to smudge.
-I really enjoy that there are only 5 tools but I wouldn't mind ability to swap out for other tools. For example, If I want to create an oil or watercolor painting, I would swap out the pen/pencil set for a watercolor set of tools. I'd pay another $5 to $10 dollars for more tools but keep clutter down by still only having a few available at a time.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 06, 2017
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 18.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Iconfactory
- © 2017 The Iconfactory
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, and 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular.