Linea - Sketch Simply
By The Iconfactory
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A sketch book isn't complicated, so why is your iPad?
Modern drawing apps are powerful, but they can overload you with hundreds of choices. Constant adjustments to brushes, colors, and layers wastes time and adds friction.
Linea takes a different approach and gives you just the right balance of power and control to sketch effortlessly. The focus stays where it belongs: on your ideas, not the tools.
What People Are Saying:
“The color swatch in Linea is fantastic...It fits a spectrum of color options into a very compact space.”
- 9 to 5 Mac
“The best possible sketching experience whether you are drawing, prototyping an app interface, storyboarding, taking notes, or something else.”
“Linea is approachable for all – and will quite likely prove to be useful and enjoyable by all.”
• Easy Colors - Choose from a wide range of pre-defined colors, or customize colors with a single tap. Auto generated tints & shades saves time and effort.
• Minimal UI - Every control is designed to stay out of your way until you need it. Linea's elegant interface puts the focus on your creations.
• Elegant Layers - Simplified set of layers that can be easily rearranged, merged & adjusted adds just the right amount of power without overloading you.
• Grids & Templates - Linea offers a wide range of traditional grids, 3D isometric lines, storyboards, and templates for iOS screen or icon design.
• Flexible Exporting - Export your work as a layered Photoshop document, transparent PNG, and more. Export entire drawings or cropped portions to a range of services including Slack and Dropbox.
• Touch Eraser - Ever used your finger to erase a whiteboard? Linea lets you wipe the screen with your finger to correct mistakes and your hands stay clean!
• iCloud Sync - Automatically keeps all of your sketches & projects up-to-date across all of your devices.
Complete Feature Set:
• Technical Pencil - Hard lead, thin lines. Pressure sensitive.
• Classic Pencil - Soft lead, thick lines. Pressure sensitive.
• Felt Tip Pen - Thin solid lines that vary in opacity with pressure
• Wide Tip Marker - Fat solid lines that vary with pressure
• Eraser - Clean up your work with a finger touch or pressure sensitivity
• Tilted Rendering - Each tool works differently when an Apple Pencil is used flat against the screen.
• Always on-screen & easily available
• 2 banks of pre-defined colors + 6 tints & shades each
• Auto-generation of tints and shades
• Creation of custom color sets
• Hue/Saturation adjustments
• 5 flexible layers
• Easily merge & clear
• Drag & drop to rearrange
• Opacity adjustment
Grids & Templates:
• Traditional grids in lines & dots
• 3D isometric grid
• Hexagonal graph paper
• Storyboards - 16:9
• iOS UI
• iOS Icon design
Backgrounds & Paper Textures:
• Turn paper grain on/off
• Standard paper grain
• Butcher's paper
• Black construction
• Gray Bristol
• Layered Photoshop PSD
• Transparent PNG
• Flattened JPEG
• Save all or just a portion of each drawing
• iOS Share sheet support
• Export to Slack, Dropbox, Airdrop & more
• Presentation Mode when using video out or AirPlay to Apple TV
• Organize drawings in project folders
• Share, rename, move and remove drawings / projects
• Thumbnail previews of drawings save time
• Undo - Two-finger tap to quickly undo
• Redo - Three-finger tap to quickly redo
• Pinch / Zoom with angle and zoom %
• Rotation Compass so you always know which way is up
• Tap Compass to reset rotation angle & zoom %
• Double tap Compass to lock rotation angle & zoom %
What's New in Version 1.1.1
- Now displays full, native resolution on the 10.5" iPad Pro (instead of a scaled-up version of the 9.7" resolution)
- Improved tilted rendering of the technical pencil, especially on the new iPads
- No longer displays a confirmation when clearing a layer from the Layer popup since the clear command is undoable
- Fixed a couple crashes users had seen with 1.1
- Project view now animates certain changes
If I may suggest a few improvements/additions:
• split screen compatibility
• better marker appearance/layering...apple notes is a good example of getting this right
• consider a smudge with finger option
• watercolor tool, it's so widely useful and doesn't subtract from simplicity
• The basic pencil tilt effect is way too large of grain. It just isn't working. It looks like a paint splatter. The tech pencil tilt looks good. But the basic pencil, nah just not working. It seems like an odd justification for the two separate pencils.
• layer pallet and tool palette behaviors
• nested color tints
• layer BG lock
• crop export
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 27, 2017
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 23.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Iconfactory
- © 2017 The Iconfactory
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, and 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular.