1000’s of lessons with audio + matching text. Learn words and phrases with SRS Review! Import and learn from anything on the web!
Start with easy beginner lessons but quickly progress into learning from real, compelling content. 1000s of hours of lessons, podcasts, audiobooks, interviews and more, all with transcript. LingQ even lets you import and learn from any content you find on the web! Start your language journey today!
Listen and follow along in the text. Look up and save new words and phrases to your personal database. Track which words you know and which words are new to you. Watch your vocabulary and your avatar grow! Track all your learning activities including listening time, words of reading and more.
Review and learn your new vocabulary in context and using our proprietary SRS review tools. Register your account and have your data synced to our web application so you can study on the web along with on multiple devices. The LingQ app also lets you work offline and syncs up when you get back online. This lets you take advantage of dead time and short breaks throughout the day to spend more time with your new language.
No other app will take you as far. LingQ will take you all the way to fluency!
* 1000’s of hours of downloadable audio files all with transcript
* Look up and save new vocabulary using multiple integrated dictionary resources
* Review vocabulary using SRS review system
* Track how many words you know, which words are new & which you are learning
* Keep all your learning statistics including listening and reading time
* Use Playlist to easily play and shuffle all your current lessons
* Sync word data, playlist data and lesson data to the web and across devices
* Study offline and update data when back online
* Receive notifications for all LingQ activities from web or mobile including forum and exchange activities from the web
* Manage all your saved vocabulary
* See your learning targets and measure your progress
* Watch your avatar grow as your language grows
* Study all available languages: English, French, Spanish, Japanese, Italian, German, Russian, Chinese, Portuguese, Swedish, Korean, Dutch, Polish and Greek. (Activate additional beta languages through our web version: Norwegian, Latin, Esperanto, Ukrainian, Czech, Romanian, Arabic, Finnish, Hebrew, Turkish. These languages will then be accessible on the app.)
“Built by language learners for language learners!”
LingQ Co-Founder, Steve Kaufmann, one of the world’s leading polyglots, has learned 15 languages using this approach. Steve is the “Godfather of language learning”
Get language learning tips from Steve at his:
Blog - http://blog.thelinguist.com
YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/lingosteve
ACCELERATE YOUR LEARNING WITH LINGQ PREMIUM
• Unlimited LingQs - Look up & save all new words and phrases
• Word Tracking - Track known words, new words
• Unlimited Vocab Review (SRS)
• Unlimited Imports - Import & study text from the web
• 50% off Tutoring on the web
You will need a Premium subscription to get full unlimited access to LingQ functionality.
1-month subscription $9.99
6-month subscription $54.99
12-month subscription $109.99
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Manage or cancel your subscription in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
When a subscription is canceled, Premium access will expire at the end of the current subscription period.
Terms of Service - https://www.lingq.com/terms/
Feedback? Let us know.
Send suggestions and feedback to email@example.com.
LingQ 4.5 - The biggest update since 4.0!
All new tabbed interface for faster access to your favorite LingQ features:
- Easily find new content on the 'Library' tab
- Access your lessons and stats via the 'My Lessons' tab
- Study new words on the 'Vocabulary' tab
- Listen to your favorite lessons on the 'Playlist' tab
- View lessons one sentence at a time
- Listen to the audio of each sentence by itself
- Text and audio synced in supported lessons
Fix for crash on notifications screen
Bugfixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
LingQ: Great Reading Platform, Forums distract
The system, with its highlighted words, is great. 5 stars.
The feed needs fixed, it's just a bunch of random articles. I can't find my own uploaded content half the time, even under Imports, without searching specifically by name. 4 stars.
The forums are toxic - there's a 85% male ratio on there, I'd estimate. Questioners are a mix of internationals, and "bros" who use their words-learned as a way to measure themselves. I thought the forums had a bit of toxicity to them, then I got straight up attacked by someone I had never talked to. Another time, spam was posted in a forum, and I called the person out on it, and a group swarm came after me. They also accused me of "group think" while they swarmed, without ideas/original thoughts backing up their opinions, just insults. The spam they posted had a gender-dynamic to it; trying to convert men (and men only).
I don't know if Steve's looked at the user data, or even cares, but I'd bet he's pushing away women users from his site. I'm someone comfortable swinging it with the guys, and dang, do I not want to be on those forums. Within 7 days of starting my membership, I was being bullied [and by someone who thought I was a man, since he called me a "little boy."] The fact that very few women ever speak on the forums is an extra sign that LingQ has cultivated a bad chat culture that is (likely) driving away female potential users.
Imports can be found in Imports or in My Lessons. It sorts by recently opened so the lessons you looked at most recently are at the top of the list. You can open the My Courses tab in Settings to view Courses instead of Lessons. This may work better for you.
Regarding the forum, I'm sorry you had a bad experience there. The vast majority of interactions on the forum are perfectly pleasant and relate to language. There can be some unpleasant interactions just like on any other public platform. We will look into recent threads to see if there are any members who should be sanctioned for their comments.
LingQ is the most unknown and effective language learning tools know to man!
As we’ve heard from Stephen Kaufman, Stephen Krashen and many others: “language learning is the constant pursuit of acquiring a large vocabulary, the best way to do that is by listening and reading a lot to content that is meaningful to us and used regularly”
LingQ most definitely serves this purpose above and beyond. I cannot say enough great things about this app/company. Thousands of different kinds of content to read and listen to, no matter who you are or what your interests are, you will be able to find content that is of interest to you. Even if you’re a flashcarder, you have a home here. LingQ makes it very convenient to review hundred of flashcards if wanted within seconds.
My experience? In three short weeks, my listening level went from only understanding simple concepts in conversation to being able to follow and fully understand in depth to an intermediate conversation that I found on LingQ. Consistently learning, at least, being exposed to 150 new words for every 3 hour learning session. I’m confident that word count can be a lot higher, but I took a little bit slower and listen a lot more.
All in all, link is the absolute next best thing when it comes to language learning and I guarantee it will not be rivaled.
Stop telling the native speaker you don’t understand and download LingQ today!
Magical flash cards
Imagine a deck of flashcards with magical powers and you have LingQ, which I have been using for about two years now, growing my Italian vocabulary to over 13,000 words. I can use it both on my Mac computer and my iPhone. I looked at other similar services but none of them came close to the thorough, imaginative way that LingQ works. There are lots of materials to read for whatever level you’re on—or you can enter your own texts. Reading and listening, you mark the words you don’t know and forget the rest. The marked words then pop up in your daily reviews until you mark them as learned.
It’s an ambitious program and improvements show up regularly. Occasionally I’ve had a problem making my account work the way it should, but the help department has been able to solve it for me.
- The Linguist Institute
- 120.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 The Linguist Institute, Ltd. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Subscription to LingQ $9.99
- Premium Subscription to LingQ $54.99
- Premium Subscription to LingQ $109.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.