Translate multiple languages at once! Listen to memorize. Edit and organize. Supported by the cloud of local speakers and Google Translate.
Lingrid ® is your language cloud in 100+ countries!
• Instant automatic translation to multiple languages and phrases at once - we check our Lingrid users' translations then check Google Translate.
• Playback audio reads the translation or plays your own recording
• Hashtag translation and organize with Collections
• Keep track of learning 100 + languages, 10 languages at once, change any time without losing translations (recommend 5 at a time max for optimum speed)
• Choose and edit the best translation to store in your database
• Record a sound byte of yourself or a friend saying the word/phrase
• Ask a friend(s) via email or text how to say something
• Automatic transliteration for many character based languages
• Alphabetize and reverse alphabetize by any language
• iCloud enabled, share with your other devices
• Request to add new languages, dialects, custom languages, constructed languages
Current Languages Supported:
Afrikaans*, Albanian*, Amharic*, Antillean Creole**, Arabic, Arabic (Algeria)**, Arabic (Jordan)**, Aramaic**, Armenian*, Azeerbaijani*, Basque*, Belarusian*, Bengali*, Berber*, Bosnian*, Breton**, Bulgarian*, Burmese*, Catalan*, Cebuano*, Cherokee**, Chichewa*, Chinese (Cantonese)**, Chinese (Penang Hokkien), Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Corsican*, Croatian*, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Emoji**, English (Australia), English (Canada)*, English (Ireland), English (South Africa), English (UK), English (USA), English Textese**, Esperanto*, Estonian*, Fijian**, Finnish, Flemish**, French (Algeria)*, French (Canada), French (France), French (Switzerland)*, Frisian*, Galician*, Georgian*, German, German (Switzerland)*, Greek, Gujarati*, Haitian*, Hausa*, Hawaiian*, Hebrew, Hiligaynon**, Hindi, Hmong*, Hungarian, Icelandic*, Igbo*, Ilocano**, Indonesian, Irish*, Italian, Japanese, Javanese*, Kabyle**, Kannada*, Kazakh*, Khmer*, Korean, Kurdish*, Kyrgyz*, Lao*, Latin*, Latvian*, Lebanese**, Lithuanian*, Luxembourgish*, Macedonian*, Malagasy*, Malay*, Malayalam*, Maldivian**, Maltese*, Maori*, Marathi*, Mongolian*, Nahuatl**, Nepali*, Norwegian, Pashto*, Persian*, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Punjabi*, Quechua*, Romanian, Russian, Samoan*, Scots Gaelic*, Serbian*, Sesotho*, Shona*, Sindhi*, Sinhalese*, Slovak, Slovenian*, Somali*, Sorani Kurdish**, Sotho**, Spanglish**, Spanish, Spanish(Mexico), Spanuguesian**, Sundanese*, Swahili*, Swedish, Tagalog*, Tajik*, Tamil*, Telugu*, Thai, Tibetan, Turkish, Ukrainian*, Urdu*, Uzbek*, Valario**, Vietnamese*, Welsh*, Wolof**, Xhosa*, Yiddish*, Yoruba*, Zulu*, 4 yr Old English**
* language not supported for audio reader
** language not supported by Google Translate function and audio reader, except for Cantonese which supports audio.
- We added Google Translation Support for 40 languages! Here they are:
Azeerbaijani, Basque, Bengali, Bosnian, Burmese, Cebuano, Corsican, Frisian, Georgian, Gujarati, Hausa, Hmong, Igbo, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kurdish, Kyrgyz, Lao, Luxembourgish, Malagasy, Malayalam, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Pashto, Punjabi, Samoan, Scots Gaelic, Sesotho, Shona, Sindhi, Sinhala, Somali, Sundanese, Tajik, Telugu, Uzbek, Xhosa, Yoruba
We also added audio reader support for:
English - South Africa
English - Irish
In addition we refined the design and fixed bugs and deprecations. Thank you for using Lingrid!
Ratings and Reviews
“Must Connect to Internet” ERROR
I cannot open the app on any wifi network (i tried 3; public, private, and open) or on cellular data. It always says i need to connect to the internet. Every other app i have works. So. Please fix this! I am very interested in this concept. I have been learning Swedish non intensely for 2 years and just started learning Korean and would like to advance in both fast now. I am also very interested in how much Cherokee is in the system. I’ve found Cherokee extremely hard to learn due to the simple lack of internet content out there.
Great Go To App
Simple but functional design. Nice go to app for quick translation reference. Super helpful when traveling. The audio feature is extremely helpful.
Sleek design! So useful!
Loving Lingrid 2.0's sleek design. It's so helpful to be able to save all of my words and translations so I can reference them at any point. A great travel buddy!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.