LinguaPix is an engaging iPad app for individuals to practice expressive language skills in three activities: Flashcards, Matching, and Pick or Spin. In the activities, users practice naming, describing, formulating sentences, and more. Up to 8 users in a given activity interact with real photos depicting nouns and verbs from 1 or more of the 15 decks (with an average of 70 cards per deck and a total of 1,035 cards) in the following categories: Animals, Around the House, Body Parts, Clothing, Cooking and Cleaning, Food and Drink (a-m), Food and Drink (n-z), Health and Safety, Hygiene and Personal Care, Occupations and People, School, Sports and Recreation, Tools, Toys and Games, and Travel and Transportation.
Although LinguaPix has a wide range of content, you can create your own custom decks in the Create module. Take photos or use photos from your camera roll to create cards for use in the Flashcards, Matching, and Pick or Spin activities. After you create your custom decks, you can combine them with the pre-made decks in any of the three activities.
LinguaPix also has four tasks included throughout the activities: Say It, Repeat It, Expand It, and Describe It. Say It is for naming photos; Repeat It is for repeating modeled words or phrases about photos; Expand It is for formulating sentences about photos; and Describe It is for describing photos by answering WH questions. The Flashcards activity includes all four tasks, while the Matching activity includes the Say It and Repeat It tasks, and the Pick or Spin activity includes the Expand It and Describe It tasks. The three activities (Flashcards, Matching, Pick or Spin) in LinguaPix include the following features:
- A modern looking user interface with eye-catching graphics
- High-quality real photographs
- Group scoring to collect scores for up to 8 users at a time. Prompting can be indicated for the scores with various prompt types (gestural, verbal, visual, physical).
- Collect scores for various expressive language skills including naming, repeating, articles, concepts, conjunctions, morphology, pronouns, WH questions, attributes, and more with the option to collect up to 4 skills at a time via colored tabs.
- Save scores in the app organized by user names and timestamps
- Copy scores to clipboard and email
- Autoplay of high-quality audio pre-recorded by a professional voiceover artist
- Tap-to-play high-quality audio pre-recording by a professional voiceover artist
- Record your own voice and play the recording
- Tally scores that are automatically converted to percentage-based data
- Undo tallying mistakes by tapping the numbers in the bottom toolbar
- Configure decks and cards as well as the matching level and skills to score for individual users
- Configure Visual (e.g., Hide Matched Cards, Matched Card Delay) and Audio (e.g., Flashcard Autoplay, Matching Tap, Pick or Spin Autoplay) in the activities
• Support for iOS 11
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.