Lingvo Dictionary quickly and accurately translates words and phrases without an Internet connection.
Easily accessible dictionaries from the world’s leading publishers, such as Collins, Oxford and more…all in one place!
Once you install Lingvo Dictionaries, you have access to more than 10 general dictionaries for the following language combinations (download required):
• Russian «» Russian, English, Spanish, French, German, Spanish
• Latin » Russian
There are over 250 additional dictionaries for 20 languages available for purchase directly from within the application. Accurate translations, phonetic transcriptions, synonyms, and examples of use are available for the following language combinations:
• English «» French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian
• German «» French, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
• Russian «» Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Kazakh, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Tatar, Turkish, Ukrainian
• Ukrainian «» English, Polish, Russian
• Monolingual English, German, Russian, Spanish and Ukrainian dictionaries
For a complete list of dictionaries with detailed descriptions, visit our website at http://abbyy.com/lingvo_ios/en
You do not need an active Internet connection to use the dictionaries that have been downloaded on your device.
Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch (iOS 8.0 and later)
• Photo translation function (iPhone only) – translation of words from the photo taken with the iPhone built-in camera
• Flash cards for effective learning of words
• Two Flashcards modules:
- Introduction: turn a flashcard over to memorize words, translations, usage examples etc.
- Lesson: recall a translation and check your answer by turning a flashcard over.
• Hypertext - instant translation of any word found in the dictionary entries with just a single tap
• A quick translation directly from the clipboard
• Native audio pronunciations for most common words (in some dictionaries)
• All available dictionaries can be used as one. A merged list of headwords allows usage of all dictionaries simultaneously. If a word is found in many dictionaries, all relevant entries are displayed in a single window
• Transfer previously purchased dictionaries to all your iOS devices with a single tap on a “Restore purchases” button within the app
• Cloud synchronization of Flashcards with the app’s own cloud storage between your iPhone, iPad and iPod
If there are problems, please write at firstname.lastname@example.org
FOLLOW US on Twitter: @ABBYY_Mobile
ABBYY Mobile on Facebook: fb.me/AbbyyMobile
Sorry for the bug with the pushes again. Trying hard to fix it. Done in this version.
All the best,
ABBYY Lingvo Team
Ratings and Reviews
Outstanding And Versatile Tool
I purchased this app in spring 2011. I have used it at least several times a week, if not many times a day since. I work primarily with English-Ukrainian, but have also needed Russian, Slovak, and Hungarian at times. In Ukrainian I use the basic, explanatory, and pronunciation dictionaries. I lived in Ukraine for four months and this thing was the single most valuable tool I brought. It works really well, has tons of useful info, and almost never crashes.
I have used this almost daily for six years. Awesome product!
The free Russian English alone is first-class
So far I use only the free Russian-English and English-Russian dictionary.
And it is marvelous... far richer than the expensive Oxford version. It includes copious example sentences.
I am extremely happy with this app and now use it as my primary Russian dictionary.
One suggestion for improvement, since English speakers learning Russian are also users: the stress marks of Russian words should be shown. This is vital for foreigners whose native language is not Russian. Most dictionaries have this.
One further note: i own some other ABBY apps and all of them are very good.
Developer Response ,
Dave, Thank you for your valuable suggestions and a high evaluation of our work! All the best, ABBYY Lingvo Team
Fabulous app for Russian
This app is wonderful for Russian. It’s able to search for and show declensions. The main thing it is missing is accents, which I very much hope they will add.
- ABBYY USA Software House Inc
- 78.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2014, ABBYY Production LLC. Lingvo Dictionaries
- In-App Purchases
- Universal (Ru<->En) $9.99
- Russian <-> English Premium Set $69.99
- Idioms (Ru<->En) $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.