See, Touch, Listen & Learn. Learning is enhanced when multiple senses are engaged! Link4fun® creates an educational experience that feels nothing short of magical as kids tap cards on screen & the iPad reads the card. 8 educational games teach vocabulary, site reading, fine motor and more. Research shows that when more sensory activities are involved, lessons are better absorbed and more neural pathways are formed. With the Link4fun Food Cards, kids are:
+++ grasping and tapping the cards for larger motor movement
+++ scanning left and right across the physical cards spread-out in front of them
+++ listening to the words from the iPad
+++ looking at the colorful pictures
+++ reading new site-words.
The Link4fun® Food Cards App is designed to be the companion app to the Link4fun® Food Cards Set which is available at www.link4fun.com. The full Link4fun® Food Cards Pack includes 72 printed flash cards (36 pictures and 36 corresponding words). Each card is printed on the reverse with a special invisible ink (no really!). The pattern created by the conductive ink creates a code that ‘tricks’ the ipad into thinking it is recognizing a pattern that you drew with your fingers. This code allows the app to recognize and react to the printed flashcard… The app recognizes which card you tapped! This is a revolutionary technology that is not being used ANYWERE else in education.
The Link4fun® app features 2 “learn mode” activities:
1. The Learn with iPad Only activity lets kids scroll through the pictures, look at the beautiful photos, read the word, and hear it spoken out loud by the app.
2. The Learn with Cards activity lets kids tap the cards on the screen, and have the app tell them which picture or which word was tapped.
And, there are 6 “play mode” activities where kids can test their skills:
1. Match the picture card to the picture on the screen
2. Match the word card to the word on the screen
3. Find the picture (with only the spoken word, no picture or word on the screen)
4. Find the word (with only the spoken word, no picture or word on the screen)
5. Match the word to the picture (with no audio cue to say what word to look for, just a visual)
6. Match the picture to the word (with no audio cue what picture to look for, just a visual)
This companion app to the 72 food flashcards links seamlessly with the iPad... no wires, bluetooth, wifi, or any other physical or technical connection is required. Simply tap the cards on the iPad screen, and the app comes to life!
Whether they're matching a word or a picture, the ability to connect reading and technology helps your child learn quickly. Integrating flash cards and the iPad app make learning to read fun and interactive.
Stages Learning Materials has been creating quality teaching tools since 1996. We all know that learning happens in stages. Learn to crawl before you walk, learn to walk before you run.
Language development also happens in stages. Children learn to match objects first ("put apple with apple"), then to identify objects receptively ("give me the apple"), and finally to identify objects expressively ("what is it?" "it is an apple"). Our products are created to stimulate learning at each stage of language development.
The stages of your child's development are precious and wonderful. Stages Learning Materials will partner with you to make the most of every stage.
Ratings and Reviews
Great new technology for language learning for young children. Combines free app with magnetic cards from stages learning. Kids love how card makes images appear when tapped on ipad
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.