By LinkedIn Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the LinkedIn app for iPhone and iPad, opportunity is just a tap away. Build and nurture your professional network, stay up to date with the latest business and industry news, and find your next dream job.
It all starts with your LinkedIn profile. It’s more than just your professional resume — it shows the world who you are and what you’ve accomplished in your career. But that’s just the beginning.
• Stay up to date with your professional network
• Search for and connect with people, jobs, companies and groups
• Follow Influencers to get exclusive insights and career lessons from business leaders
• Share articles to establish yourself as a thought leader in your network
• Update your professional profile right from the app to polish your resume wherever you are
• View and save jobs you’re interested in, and resume searching on your schedule
• Apply to certain jobs with your LinkedIn profile in just one tap
• Follow companies to get job postings, business updates, and suggestions to connect with people you may know
• Upgrade your account to LinkedIn Premium from within the app
LinkedIn is free to download and use. We also have Premium subscriptions with additional features such as InMails, more info about who’s viewed your profile, Premium search options, and a badge to showcase your Premium status:
• For Talent Professionals: $59.99 monthly
• For Sales Professionals: Three tiers, starting at $24.99 monthly
• For Business Professionals: Four tiers, starting at $9.99 monthly
If you choose to subscribe, your subscription will automatically renew each month and will charge your credit card through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
LinkedIn: Connect to opportunity.
What's New in Version 8.6.2
Bug fixes and performance fixes.
Worked great UNTIL RECENTLY
I've been using this app regularly for over a year, and I've had a flawless experience as far as glitches and bugs... but for the last MONTH or so, half the time it freezes up when I click on my own profile, the little blue wheel spins for several minutes, and then I get that annoying "Oops something went wrong" (durrrrr!) message. This bug has been going on long enough that it really should have been fixed by now, given that there have been multiple updates since it started.
Also, it would be nice to stop suggesting endorsements for skills that I NEVER LISTED to my connections! I have a crapton of endorsements for over a dozen skills that aren't applicable to me, but LinkedIn apparently thinks they should be and they appear in my connections' feed as endorsement suggestions! How about only suggesting that they endorse me for the skills I DO list for myself?
And finally, it would be nice to be able to fully edit every aspect of my profile from the app, and not having to log into the website when I add a volunteer item for example, or even editing my interests. But anyway, fix the freezing up issue already, and I'll add more stars.
Useful app, and can improve still
I find myself using it for networking. I don't get annoyed when people cold contact me either. It's not a SPAM haven. I do wish there were more filtering type options in the jobs portion of the app. For profiles, I wish there was an option in the experience section to deal with being a contractor as many of us are. We should be able to state our employer and list the projects, companies, or accounts that we work on while being able to associate with their logo. Today, most of us state that we worked there, which is a misrepresentation, but we want the association. Other than that, it just grows on you the more you use it.
A bit confusing
I think that LinkedIn is a fabulous idea and a wonderful way to network, especially when looking for a career change or employment in general. However, it's quite disorganized and not easily navigated. Several changes need to be made for ease of access. When you scroll over a symbol, it would be nice if a bubble came up to explain what the symbol means. I accidentally archived an email and am now at a loss as to where to locate it. Simpler would simply be better! Until the app is easier to navigate, I can only offer three stars for this review. If it improves, I will edit my review to reflect upon the improvements.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: May 04, 2015
- Version: 8.6.2
- Size: 72.1 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: LinkedIn Corporation
- © 2015 LinkedIn Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Business Plus Subscription with Free Trial$59.99
- Business Subscription with Free Trial$29.99
- Business Subscription$29.99
- Personal Plus Subscription$9.99
- Sales Navigator with Free Trial$59.99
- Talent Basic with Free Trial$59.99
- Business subscription$24.99
- Business Plus Subscription$59.99
- Personal Plus subscription$9.99
- Personal Plus Subscription with Free Trial$9.99