Linkinus for iPhone - IRC Client
By Conceited Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Linkinus for iPhone is the most powerful and flexible internet relay chat (IRC) software for iOS there is, yet it's easy to use and newcomers will instantly know how to use it thanks to its elegant design and over 330 built-in networks.
** Fully compatible with iOS 4.3! **
- Backgrounding/multitasking support: stay connected for up to 10 minutes after exiting Linkinus or while switching apps (longer if you tap 'Open' when presented with the reminder dialog).
- Background notifications when people on IRC send you a private message
- Background notifications when people on IRC are mentioning your nickname
- Network selector helps you pick servers from the most popular chat networks
- Full Blowfish support (/setkey /delkey, as well as /keyx for key exchange in queries) for all iPhone and iPod Touch devices
- Various Styles: Simplified, Whisper , Control, Circus, Midnight, I Are Sea!
- Connect to an unlimited number of networks and channels
- SSL support (valid and self-signed certificates)
- Highlights: IRC can be overwhelming, but with Linkinus you'll never miss an important message. When someone mentions your nickname, that line will be highlighted so you don't miss it.
- Identities: it's you, on IRC. Save your preferred and alternate nicknames in a reusable fashion. And if you provide password credentials, Linkinus will automatically authenticate to NickServ, NickOP, Q, X, G, SrvAuth and AuthServ.
- Displays IRC colors
- Autoconnect/autojoin features
- All standard IRC commands supported from the input field, such as: /list, /me, /all, /away, /ban, /bankick, /clear, /nick, /join, /query, /notice, /quit, /part, /topic, /server, …)
- Channel op commands (/op, /deop, /voice, /devoice, /halfop, /dehalfop, …)
- OPER commands (/oper, /kill, /gline, …)
- Exploding emoticons (tap to cause them to explode)
- Support for /ignore and /unignore
- Server settings: encodings, authentication services, etc...
What's New in Version 1.4.2
* Full Blowfish support (/setkey /delkey, as well as /keyx for key exchange in queries) for all iPhone and iPod Touch devices
This app needs serious work
I don't know if it's an iOS 5 issue regarding the problems with this app. But I cannot see what I type, or what anyone else is typing on any channels on undernet. Other servers are hit and miss. This problem keeps persisting with irregularity. Sometimes I can see, but most of the time I cannot.
Very basic functionality. Nothing special.
I purchased this app because I love the Mac version. Sadly, this app is nothing like its Mac counterpart. There a place to add servers and channels and a place to chat, but that's about it. Interface feels very outdated. For now I will keep using Colloquy.
Please do not give this company your money
No updates in over a year. That's enough of a reason to not purchase this app. There are others that are free that do the job better than this crappy app.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jun 07, 2011
- Version: 1.4.2
- Size: 4.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Conceited Software
- © 2010-2011 Conceited Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.