Linksys Smart Wi-Fi
By Linksys LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** A whole new look and feel ***
Home networking just got a lot more fun and easy.
The Linksys Smart Wi-Fi app allows you to monitor and manage your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Routers. With Linksys Smart Wi-Fi, you can access your home network from anywhere, any time. Easily tap into your home network to check the connection status of your devices, set up Wi-Fi access for guests, or restrict your kids from from accessing social networking sites when they should be doing homework. You can even prioritize which devices on your network get priority bandwidth to reduce lag times and buffering. You no longer have to be tethered to your desk at home to manage your home network. Get the freedom to access and control your connected life, wherever you are.
• Remote Access – Access and manage your network from anywhere.
• Dashboard – Quickly view the status of your Wi-Fi network.
• Guest Access – Easily grant your friends and family Internet access on your separate guest network.
• Device Prioritization - Prioritize which devices on your network get the most bandwidth for less lag time and buffering.
• Parental Controls - Create a safe Internet experience for your kids, even while on-the-go. Control usage, restrict access to certain websites or block specific devices from accessing the Internet.
• This app will only work with a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router. To view the full list of supported routers, visit: http://www.linksyssmartwifi.com/cloud/ustatic/mobile/supportedRouters.html
• To access Linksys Smart Wi-Fi, create a user account on www.linksyssmartwifi.com and simply log in while connected to your home router. After that, you’ll be able to log in from any device, anywhere.
• Compatible with Apple iOS 8 and greater
For additional help, visit our support site at http://support.linksys.com
What's New in Version 2.0.7
Thanks for your feedback. You helped us fix some elusive bugs and plan future improvements.
In this release, we:
• Fixed an error when enabling notifications (with EA9500 and EA9400 routers)
• Fixed an error seen by some when saving parental controls or MAC filtering
• Improved overall performance and made miscellaneous fixes
I love this APP but my kids hate it! 😊
Parental control has never been so easy for busy parents. My wife and I both work and have busy schedules so making sure that my sons do their homework and chores first before they play on the PS4 or WEB has been a challenge. But then I purchased a Linksys EA6900 about a year ago and this router helped me put my boys in check. I can see if there on-line and what device is on line. I can turn off their internet connectivity to individual device within seconds with my iPhone or work computer. Tip: don't forget to disable their cell phone data on their phones and tablets or they will use up your family plan data. I have AT&T and have downloaded there cell phone APP which makes it easy to turn off only the cell phone data and still allows for incoming and outgoing calls to work.
I haven't had any problems with my router that's worth mentioning or that I couldn't figure out. Let me just say I have been around the internet and computers as a Technician for 20 years and Linksys has made parental control and remote access easier then ever before.
Tip: after you make any adjustments to your router reboot remotely. This will guarantee your changes take hold; rebooting your router remotely is a very cool feature. After you reboot double check your changes where saved. I hope this help.
Parental Controls not working for Ethernet
Ethernet connected devices will not disconnect from Internet at a set time within Parental Controls. ...Would like for Grandkids to anticipate end of access & to prepare for sleeping. Those who don't, need to be reminded by being abruptly disconnected. Wi-Fi disconnects OK as per schedule. Am able to block specific sites to help some Grandkids to stay focused on paying their Homework Debts to their teachers, thus becoming better Future Debtors of America. Some devices, as displayed on Desktop, are listed as being Ethernet Connected, whereas in reality they are on Wi-Fi.
Honestly, it works with a level of ease and control that I didn't think possible. I've had other routers, they're apps didn't seem to operate with the same level of security options. If you have kids... this will give you peace of mind. It makes it easy to see if other unknown devices have crept in to your network also, they can be blocked with ease. As a parent I can also block specific sites from younger users.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 25, 2016
- Version: 2.0.7
- Size: 32.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Linksys LLC
- © 2016 Belkin International, Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.