This app is a command center for your Velop system and Linksys Smart Wi-Fi routers. Use the Linksys app anywhere you have an internet connection to check connected devices, set up guest access, or keep your kids off the internet when they should be doing homework. The updated app now covers Velop, a modular system of tri-band nodes that provide seamless, full-strength Wi-Fi for the whole family.
• Remote Access – Manage your Wi-Fi from anywhere.
• Dashboard – View the vital stats of your Wi-Fi.
• Guest Access – Keep your personal business safe by giving friends and family internet-only access to your Wi-Fi.
• Device Prioritization - Decide which devices get Wi-Fi priority for less lag and buffering.
• Parental Controls – Manage your kids’ Wi-Fi devices by pausing internet access or blocking certain websites.
• Velop systems and Linksys Smart Wi-Fi routers. Full list of supported routers: http://www.LinksysSmartWiFi.com/cloud/ustatic/mobile/supportedRouters.html
• User account (created in the app or at http://www.LinksysSmartWiFi.com) connected to your Linksys product.
• iOS 9.1.0 and greater
For additional help, visit our support site at http://support.linksys.com
Connecting our loose ends to get you connected to Wi-Fi faster.
Updates we’ve made:
• Released a critical firmware update for Velop dual-band that will get you more speed and range.
• Added our phone number to more screens in setup to make it easier for you to get in touch with us when you need us.
• Dramatically improved our handling of errors when adding an additional node. Adding nodes to your network should be much smoother now.
Ratings and Reviews
I spent 10 hours trying to set up two different routers from two different companies and had such a difficult time setting them up. After much frustration, I took them both back.
I talked to two representatives at one of the local electronic stores and both had the Linksys Velop systems. They mentioned the ease of set-up and convenience of the Linksys App. I was convinced that if this is the system that they use, then this is the system that I need to try out. I figured if I couldn't get it to setup, I was going to have to have an internet specialist come to my house and install this unit.
WELL, this was the easiest setup and literally took me less than 10 minutes to set up the whole system. The app is clear and extremely understandable and walked me through the whole setup (plug in wall, plug in signal, and it goes through a few setup steps) and WOW- it was online. Then, I set up the extra node with power and it connected right away. EASY, EASY, EASY. If you are looking for a GREAT system with awesome coverage and easy setup then the Velop system is for you. Thanks Linksys for making this system so easy that even a non-technical person like me can set it up in minutes.
Easy as a $2 Ho
This app is an absolute G-d send compared to how things used to be in order to set up and configure everything you needed to with a new wireless router. I absolutely love this app bc you can do everything you need to in order to set up or change settings, configurations, passwords, parental controls and the list goes on and on. I never thought I would leave any feedback on any app but this app is just to awesome and since I’m so used to the old way of doing things either having to run a cable directly to the wireless router or having to get on a website I think it’s worth letting the world know just how much this app is worth having if you own a linksys wireless router or if you don’t have a linksys then it’s time to make the swap or upgrade the current one you own to a linksys and the entire reason why is bc of this app and how it makes literally everything sooo incredibly easy it’s like going to the corner block and picking up that $2 Ho! Thanks Linksys y’all definitely did it right and by far have made me a customer of Linksys products for life!!
I had to purchase a new router after I had an alarm system installed in my home..it was a smart alarm system which consisted of a wireless controllable front door, Two wireless indoor cameras, two wireless thermostats, and two overhead smoke/heat detectors.
Without realizing it everything on the smart home system affected my router bogging it down when I went to use the PC...I always used Linksys and at the time I had the best Linksys had to offer in routers which was I can't remember but it was the one previous to the EA 9500 that I'm writing about now. After reading the specs with all the antennas and the new technology I gave this a shot for $400 at the time and when I got back on my computer everything was cleared I was able to fly bonnet especially with gaming and I do play AAA games..
Also in my home I rent out eight rooms and not only does everyone have cell phones but they have laptops as well so that's a very busy system when I checked the app sometimes AC up to 24 items on there at once without even affecting the band with I highly recommend this unit
- Linksys LLC
- 86.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Belkin International, Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.