Linky lets you easily share webpage links, images and text extracts to Twitter and Mastodon from your iPhone and iPad.
Write your post, choose which preferred social networks and Linky will do the rest! You can connect Linky to Twitter and Mastodon.
Linky's very own iOS Share Extension allows you to post messages without ever leaving third-party applications.
Want to share a webpage Link? Linky can insert both the url and the title of the webpage as required. Linky will suggest images related to shared links and can attach them to your messages. It can also shorten links, giving you access to further link analytics.
How about selected text in Safari? Linky's Web Clipper extracts selected text and carries it over to the composer sheet, ready for you to edit. You can also make a text shot from the text selection for sharing as a beautiful image.
What about a great photo? Share images easily from Photos app and third-party applications. You can also preview the shared image in fullscreen before sending it.
Share any text too! Bring up the extension, the text is copied in the message, edit if required and share. It's that simple.
Use Markup to annotate, crop and edit images inline. Write or draw on the attachment, or add arrows and lenses, or obscure sensitive information.
"Linky 5.0 removes friction from sharing links, quotes, and images. I appreciate the intelligent use of Open Graph and Twitter Cards to save even more time, and I'm a fan of the deeper controls Linky brings when compared to the default share sheet of Twitter. I can't recommend Linky enough." - MacStories
"Linky turbocharges sharing links and images to Twitter from Safari or other apps supporting iOS extensions." 4/5 - Macworld
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2017 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2016 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2015 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2014 Edition
• Supports Twitter and Mastodon.
• Post messages simultaneously on multiple accounts.
• iOS Share Extension is integrated directly into Safari and many other third-party apps, allowing to directly share text, images and web page links.
• Add multiple images to your messages (animated gif images are supported).
• Image preview in fullscreen.
• Suggestion of images related to shared links.
• Share selected text in Safari as a text shot image.
• Markup: annotate, crop and edit images inline. Available tools: Sketch, arrows, lenses, text blocks, pixelate, crop & rotate.
• Links, hashtags and mentions are color-highlighted when composing.
• Usernames are auto-completed when typing the @ symbol.
• Links can be shortened when the message is sent using bit.ly, CloudApp, Droplr, Goo.gl, and yourls.org (all link-shorteners require an account).
• Clipboard URL: If a URL is copied to the clipboard from another application, Linky will ask whether you want to use it.
• URL Scheme to launch Linky from other apps using the x-callback-url specification (in-app documentation and examples).
• VoiceOver accessibility for the visually impaired.
• Universal App (iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro).
• Designed for iOS 12 and the Retina HD Display.
• Supports iOS multitasking (Slide Over and Split View on the iPad).
• 3D Touch Peek and Pop in the message composer: peek at toolbar buttons (Link, Title, Text Clip) to get a quick preview and pop to insert in the message.
• Haptic feedbacks.
• Optimized for latest iPhone: XS, XS Max.
• Supports both portrait and landscape orientations on the iPhone and the iPad.
Improves integration with Mastodon:
- Adds support for content warning message.
- Adds support for sensitive content media option.
Ratings and Reviews
Daily used app rocks!
It just works. I use both Masto and Twitter, so this app is perfect for me. I love how it grabs photos too from articles. The share extension is where this app really shines. I'd give this app 6 stars if I could. It's all about quickly sharing a link or post and moving on. Thank you for this app!
A Must-Have For iOS 12 Users
This app has become a must-have for me now that Apple does not natively support share sheets for Twitter. I post links to Twitter very frequently and this app extracts a highlighted image to go along with your tweet. It is a must-have app for me.
I wish there was a Mac version of this app!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the nice words about Linky.
I’m sorry but we don’t plan to support Linkedin in Linky. LinkedIn has restricted their API in 2015. Developers now need to sign up for a paid "business partnership" program.
As an indie developer, I’m really not interested to participate to this model, I find it hostile.
Top review talks about facebook, but read the app description. It is not supported.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.