Capturas de pantalla
*** FREE 30 DAY SUBSCRIPTION TRIAL – READ OUR LATEST ISSUE FREE TODAY ***
Linux Format is the voice of the Linux and open source community. Its unique style brings you entertaining and essential tutorials, news and reviews for leading distros like Ubuntu, Mint, Debian and Arch, plus help with maker projects on the Raspberry Pi, Arduino and more.
Get the best from open source technology such as Gnome, KDE, Docker and virtualisation; learn great programming tips in our essential Coding Academy including Python, Rust, Android and beyond! Whether you’re an IT professional, sysadmin or you just want to make computing fun again, Linux Format is for you.
Join thousands of others and download our free app now!
Once you’ve downloaded our app, you will need to take a free trial or purchase a single issue or subscription to access our in-depth content. We also publish specials and guides - browse our publications, read what interests you most, and get inspired.
Back issues, specials, and future issues are available for purchase within the app. Subscriptions are available on 1 month and 1 year terms, and auto-renew until you decide to cancel it. You can cancel your subscription at any point.
Individual issues are priced at:
Single issue £6.99 / $6.99 / €7.99
With subscription prices at:
1 month £3.99 / $4.99 / €4.99
1 year £44.99 / $59.99 / €59.99
Prices subject to change - please check inside the app for current pricing.
*** Please Note: Our digital edition is not printable and does not include the covermount items or supplements you would find with the print edition. ***
• The free trial offer is only available to new subscribers. If you have previously subscribed then payment will be taken immediately.
• You can cancel at any time during the free trial period and you will not be charged. Simply turn off auto-renew in your Apple account subscriptions page at least 24 hours before the auto-renew is due.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase .
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
The subscription will include the current issue if you don't already own it and subsequently published future issues for the duration of your subscription period.
• We've rebranded the app with our new logo and updated the messaging system.
• Bookmarking bug fix. Some users reported that bookmarks were flickering which has now been fixed.
Valoraciones y reseñas
Terrible attempt at a mobile app
I've had a subscription to your printed Linux Format magazine and I've bought it off the shelf at book stores. This digital copy is far less expensive than buying it off a bookseller's shelf (usually around $15 USD) and as a print subscription ($125 USD for 13 issues), which I appreciate.
However, the actual iPhone/iPad app leaves a lot to be desired. The UI is terrible. There is no integration with Safari, to easily navigate to a web link. The advertisement space is annoying in the mobile environment and takes up way too much real estate. The image resolution is questionable, at best.
Finally, had I known there would not be any way to get the disks, included with the printed edition and that I would not have access to the web site, as I do with a print subscription, I never would have subscribed to it via the App Store. I can tell you this much, I will not renew, until these options are made available. Nice to see the disclaimers have now been added to the app, in the app store, but not before I had already signed up for 6 months.
i have downloaded some of the back issues (for IPAD) as i've enjoyed reading this magazine at the store but it's too expensive to purchase in North America (at the bookstore). However, the app isn't user friendly as there is no way to bookmark or favorite an article or page on the app. Also, when you go back into the app after leaving or turning off your ipad, you open up at page one of the magazine again, so have to scroll through the magazine again to find where you've left off. This is again where the favorites/bookmarking feature would really help. Other magazines on IPAD have this feature but this one doesn't, which is surprising. It keeps an otherwise great magazine from being truly enjoyable.
Excellent magazine, app leaves a lot to be desired
This app feels more like a purpose built PDF viewer more than a "magazine app". It leaves a lot to be desired. Bookmarking would be awesome, trying to download back issues or restoring subscriptions can be painful.
The content of the magazine is excellent and I love reading Linux Format. Would like a more interactive experience, maybe a font enlarging feature other than just page zooming, but I understand that may be a lot of extra work that a small magazine team wouldn't have the appropriate resources to do that.
My star rating is strictly rating the app and not the magazine content. Content gets 5 stars hands down. Thank you for a great magazine
- Future Publishing Ltd.
- 68 MB
- Estilo de vida
- Requiere iOS 8.0 o posterior. Compatible con iPhone, iPad y iPod touch.
- Español, Alemán, Francés, Inglés, Italiano, Neerlandés, Portugués
- Clasificación 4+
- © Future Publishing Limited
- Compras dentro de la app
- 1 Month Subscription $4.99
- 1 Year Subscription $59.99
- February 2012 $6.99
Compartir en familia
Hasta seis miembros de una familia podrán usar esta app mientras la función Compartir en familia esté activada.