By Chris Haynes
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Linx is a fun, addictive game that gets fast and frantic very quickly! Draw "linx" between squares of the same colour/style. Draw the required amount for that level and you advance to the next.
It's not as simple as you think though. In your way are balls that bounce around the screen. Hit a ball with your line while you're drawing it and you lose a life. Take too long to draw a link, and you lose another life. There are also certain combinations of linx that make your line wider for a short time making it harder to avoid the balls.
It's really not all that bad - there are bonuses to be had: squares that count as any colour, bombs that remove other squares, and smart bombs that remove all squares of that colour. You'll also get extra lives, extra seconds for your timer, and you can even remove balls from play. On top of that, an invulnerability mode means you won't lose a life if a ball hits your line, and killer mode lets you remove a ball from the game by hitting it with your line!
It's fun, it's fast, it's Linx!
** REVIEWS **
"The gameplay on Linx is great... Overall, an excellent app; I would not hesitate to find another product from this developer in the future."
"This is one of the most entertaining apps I have on my iPhone, and that's coming from a person that filled up all of his home screens!"
"It's refreshing to try something new."
"This game is very addictive."
- Great graphics and addictive gameplay!
- Fast-paced action
- Bonus combos! Invulnerability mode and 'killer' mode
- Choose from five tile styles
- Shake your device to shuffle the squares
- Levels grow in difficulty, more colours, fewer bombs etc.
- Four game difficulties
- Save a game to play it later
- Sound effects and original in-game music
- Hundreds of levels!
What's New in Version 2.0.1
- Fixed a bug where the wrong tile style was used after resuming a game and completing a level.
- Re-written using more modern methods.
- Compatibile with iOS 9 & 10.
- Uses all new-fangled things like 3D Touch on the iPhone 6S & 7 (and Plus models) so you can press the app icon to start a new game or resume an existing game.
- Some simple, but lovely animations in the game and menus.
- Updated the graphics.
- Improved the hit detection betwixt ball and line.
- Tweaked the level settings so you get more/fewer lives, baddies, and colours.
- There are now 20 hi-score places.
- Added two new good combos that will make your line thinner.
- If your device terminates Linx in the background to free up some memory, your game should be saved for you to resume it when you re-launch Linx.
- Fixed a couple of memory leaks.
- Fixed cases where you could make a move between a multi-colour square in a corner, and a square on the same side.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 19, 2016
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 21.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Chris Haynes
- © 2008-2016 Chris Haynes
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.